Windows 10: Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly

Discus and support Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I built a brand new PC about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I am getting random freezes / hang ups, where the mouse disappears, keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sean1q, Apr 4, 2020.

1. sean1q Win User

Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly

Hello,

I built a brand new PC about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I am getting random freezes / hang ups, where the mouse disappears, keyboard input / caps lock stops working. The entire system doesn't immediately stop working: Spotify will keep playing, videos on YouTube don't immediately stop. But slowly each application will enter "Not Responding" state, network will disconnect, and the only way out is to reset the computer. I have left the computer "frozen" for over an hour to check if it will come out, but it never has. I never get BSOD, but often will get 4 or 5 of these hard freezes per day.

I have scanned the C: drive for errors, run system file checker, run windows memory diagnostic, verified that link state power management was off, and reset winsock catalog - still I get the errors. I tried doing a "soft reset" of windows selected "keep my files" but that didn't work.

I updated the chipset drivers off of AMD's website, and got the latest radeon graphics card drivers as well. I've updated all other drivers available from ASUS on my motherboard's page.

The freezes never happen when gaming, but when doing something mundane like web browsing or other basic tasks.

I have checked, and there is nothing in the LiveKernelReports or minidump folder. As mentioned, I have never gotten a Blue Screen of Death, only these freezes.

In the event Viewer there are a bunch of errors. In the last 24 hours I have seven critical errors, all Event ID 41 System - Kernel Power, from hitting the reset button on my PC. I have attatched a screenshots of all the Error events I've encountered in the last 24 hours. Note that I did the reset of Windows yesterday, which is why the 7-day numbers are the same as 24-hour numbers.

I've also attached a screenshot of the list of removed apps that windows generated when I performed the reset. Since the reset, I have only installed some of these programs. I've included that list as a screenshot generated from wmic on command line.

Please help me figure out what I can do for this. All of the parts are only 3 weeks old. It seems to me that I might have a faulty processor, motherboard, or graphics card, because the system memory and storage checks have produced no issues.

I've seen on the AMD forums various people reccomending different BIOS / UEFI settings and was wondering if anyone had tips in that area as well?

Thank you for any input!

SYSTEM CONFIG:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

ASUS Prime B450-Plus Motherboard

MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor Graphics Card 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB RAM 2x8GB

Corsair CP-9020133-EU TX-M PSU 550W

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless network adapter

Windows 10 1909 with the latest updates OS build 1863.752.

link to google drive with screenshots of installed software and error IDs

:)

sean1q, Apr 4, 2020

2. ryzen 7 2700x

Hello

will windows 10 upgrade work with Ryzen 7 2700x or do I need the full version.

thanks

FredRodriguez6, Apr 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    ryzen 7 2700x

Hi Fred

Yes, the Windows 10 Upgrade will work with the Ryzen 7 2700x, there should be no need for the full version, that is fully supported on Windows 10, if you have any difficulty after the upgrade, you can download the driver from this page:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-pr...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Apr 4, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot

There is 10c temperature offset in Ryzen2 (was 20c in first series) confusing the heck out of users and some programs showing that much higher temps. As Ryzen Master doesn't recognize Ryzen2 practically only program accurate enough left is HW Info HWiNFO - Download
    These are temperatures to watch for
    Top one is without offset and bottom one is real core temp.

Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly [​IMG]

In these ones, CPU temp is so called "Package" temp measured at the back of processor.

Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly - Similar Threads - Brand ryzen 2700x

2. Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build: Random shutdowns several days apart on a recently built a windows 10 PC with a Gigabyte B450M DS3H mobo, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6600, WD NVMe SN570 main ssd, cheap Inland 500GB SSD for games, old Toshiba 750GB 2.5" HDD for data, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200, PSU Corsair...
  3. Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build: Random shutdowns several days apart on a recently built a windows 10 PC with a Gigabyte B450M DS3H mobo, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6600, WD NVMe SN570 main ssd, cheap Inland 500GB SSD for games, old Toshiba 750GB 2.5" HDD for data, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200, PSU Corsair...
  4. Ryzen 7 2700x performing better on power-saving mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ryzen 7 2700x performing better on power-saving mode: I recently tested the power-saving mode in Windows. Then i ran varios benchmarks like Cinebench and some games. In Cinebench my CPU got like 100 points more then on high performence or specialieced Ryzen mode. In Hitman 3 i got also some FPS more in the benchmark again with...
  5. Random BSOD on the brand new Ryzen 3800X system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSOD on the brand new Ryzen 3800X system: Good days to everyone, On my computer, which I builted about 1 month ago, I started getting blue screen errors many times during the day. Almost every error has a different problem. I tried all kinds of things, narrowed the options in my own way, but I cannot get out of it....
  6. Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X

Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X: Windows Version: 1909 CPU: AMD RYZEN 2700X (Not overclocked) RAM: 24GB CORSAIR DDR4 (2133 MHz) (Not overclocked) Hi everyone, For the past month, my computer has been getting random Blue Screens Of Death, but with no obvious culprit that I can find. The error codes I'm...
  7. ryzen 7 2700x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ryzen 7 2700x: Hello will windows 10 upgrade work with Ryzen 7 2700x or do I need the full version. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ryzen-7-2700x/6c2834b0-69c5-458b-9bf5-b5448287855b
  8. Brand New Computer - Random Freezes

Brand New Computer - Random Freezes: Hello All, I just build a new computer, and it is constantly freezing. I have verified that all hardware components are seated and tight. AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2920 ASRock 399 Phantom Gaming 6 4x8 GSKill PC-3200 in Quad Channel Mode MSI NVidia Geforce 1660 GTX...
  9. random crash on brand new build

random crash on brand new build: just as the title says this is a brand new build specs are as follows motherboard asus x99 deluxe ii cpu intel core i7 6800k cpu cooler hyper 212 gpu asus strix gtx 1070 8gb crucial ballistix 32gb ddr4 2400 1tb ssd (os) brought over from old system 1tb wd red...
  10. New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot: Re-installed the 2700X under the Gigabyte F22 BIOS and everything is running fine. 2700X is 110F under 15% load. Seems that there's a bug in Gigabyte's F23d BIOS. ***AVOID*** Thanks everyone for all your help!!