Windows 10: Brand New Surface Go

Discus and support Brand New Surface Go in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindsayWalsh, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Brand New Surface Go

I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options."

I never changed any settings. When I try face recognition it says "Your PIN is required".

I have no way of getting into any settings or menu. I can see this is a well known issue with new devices and am yet to find that Microsoft can answer the problem.

I tried to return the device however, they can return it until I get it unlocked by Microsoft. Argh this is so painful at this time!!! Trying to home school and work from home with COVID. Please help!!

on the same screen I think you refer to this as the "lock screen", there appear the language setting, the WiFi signal strength indicator, the power button, and the narrator/magnifier/on-screen keyboard control. There is no place to click to to get to settings > accounts > sign-in options.

So here I am with a brand new Microsoft Go and it doesn't work because Microsoft has done something to it.

the machine came with Windows 10 already installed. There was no upgrade from previous versions.

I DID NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS. Apparently Microsoft did so between the time I started the set up of the machine and the time I tried to open it again.

:)

LindsayWalsh, Jun 8, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jun 8, 2020
  3. menarez Win User
    brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Brand New Surface Go

Camera Issue on brand new surface

Please try running Software Diagnostic toolkit.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4037239

If that doesn't help, I suggest you to take advantage of warranty and contact Microsoft

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4037239

If the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit didn’t fix the problem, you can also:

Make an in-store appointment: If you're located in the US, PR, CA, UK, or AU, you may be able to visit a Microsoft Store to repair your Surface. Use the Store locator tool to find the store nearest you.

Contact customer support: If you want to talk to someone about how to fix your problem, contact us.

Get your Surface serviced: If you're unable to go to a store for service, you can send it in. For more info, go to How to get service for Surface, or browse support for troubleshooting steps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations...

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Brand New Surface Go

1. Brand New Surface Go - Similar Threads - Brand Surface

2. Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors: External monitor hardwire worked fine yesterday. Come today, Surface Laptop won't recognize any external monitors. This Lenovo external monitor continues to work perfectly with Mac laptop. Tried to force detection in settings and does not detect. Uninstalled and reinstalled...
  3. Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors: External monitor hardwire worked fine yesterday. Come today, Surface Laptop won't recognize any external monitors. This Lenovo external monitor continues to work perfectly with Mac laptop. Tried to force detection in settings and does not detect. Uninstalled and reinstalled...
  4. Brand new Surface Pro, Windows 11. Continue to get blue screen with stopcode and reboots...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Surface Pro, Windows 11. Continue to get blue screen with stopcode and reboots...: Brand new Surface Pro, Windows 11. Updates are current. Continue to get blue scree with stopcode and reboots randomly. Most recently rebooted when trying to sync with onedrive. This also happens on my old Surface Book 2 which was updated to Windows 11. When will this be...
  5. Brand new Surface Pro, Windows 11. Continue to get blue screen with stopcode and reboots...

Brand new Surface Pro, Windows 11. Continue to get blue screen with stopcode and reboots...: Brand new Surface Pro, Windows 11. Updates are current. Continue to get blue scree with stopcode and reboots randomly. Most recently rebooted when trying to sync with onedrive. This also happens on my old Surface Book 2 which was updated to Windows 11. When will this be...
  6. Brand new Surface Studio Laptop w/16 ram at 44% memory usage on idle. Slow on all app usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Surface Studio Laptop w/16 ram at 44% memory usage on idle. Slow on all app usage.: Just looking at the task manager and the numbers don't add up. Finding software like adobe photoshop to be very slow. See below: Seems like the point of investing more money in the studio pro is that you can actually use it for basic design work and I seem to be getting a ton...
  7. Brand new Surface Studio Laptop w/16 ram at 44% memory usage on idle. Slow on all app usage.

Brand new Surface Studio Laptop w/16 ram at 44% memory usage on idle. Slow on all app usage.: Just looking at the task manager and the numbers don't add up. Finding software like adobe photoshop to be very slow. See below: Seems like the point of investing more money in the studio pro is that you can actually use it for basic design work and I seem to be getting a ton...
  8. Brand new Surface Studio Laptop w/16 ram at 44% memory usage on idle. Slow on all app usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...
  10. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...