Windows 10: Brand new Surface laptop-bluetooth sound stops after a few mins - ISSUE NOT FIXED

Discus and support Brand new Surface laptop-bluetooth sound stops after a few mins - ISSUE NOT FIXED in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Found this thread from a long while ago (2018) and this describes exactly what's happening to me:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amgleo, Oct 13, 2020.

1. /u/amgleo Win User

Brand new Surface laptop-bluetooth sound stops after a few mins - ISSUE NOT FIXED

Found this thread from a long while ago (2018) and this describes exactly what's happening to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9x3uje/unacknowledged_windows_1809_bluetooth_disconnect/

Has anyone seen more recent info or fixes? I am at my wit's end - the computer is brand new, one month old when this started. I've done everything including adjusting power management, hard reboot, uninstall/reinstall bluetooth, etc. Any assistance is helpful.

submitted by /u/amgleo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amgleo, Oct 13, 2020

2. Windows: Wireless/bluetooth headphones disconnect and then reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones
    laptop: surface laptop

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop, listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens and any audio played goes through laptop main speakers.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting/tab doesn't appear for my device)

tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, making sure bluetooth service start automatically... Nothing seems to work

Any ideas how I can resolve this, so that my headphones can sit quetly for any amount of time without disconnecting / reconnecting without dropping the 'connected music' setting?

Alex Walker, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something
    and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any custom drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting doesn't exist now...)

Any ideas how I can resolve? (EG, headphones don't disconnect and reconnect without sound if sounds stop playing?)

AlexIWalker, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brand new Surface laptop-bluetooth sound stops after a few mins - ISSUE NOT FIXED

New Surface Laptop (1st Gen) Drivers Update for Windows 10 - Nov. 15

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Brand new Surface laptop-bluetooth sound stops after a few mins - ISSUE NOT FIXED - Similar Threads - Brand Surface laptop

2. Touchpad disappeared in a brand new laptop after using it for few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disappeared in a brand new laptop after using it for few days: Hi team,I got a new Surface Laptop 5, which was working absolutely fine. I used my laptop for 3 days. Last time it was normal, I closed it, next morning the touchpad wasn't working. It disappeared completely from the Devices list.I tried to shut down, then Update and Restart,...
  3. Touchpad disappeared in a brand new laptop after using it for few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad disappeared in a brand new laptop after using it for few days: Hi team,I got a new Surface Laptop 5, which was working absolutely fine. I used my laptop for 3 days. Last time it was normal, I closed it, next morning the touchpad wasn't working. It disappeared completely from the Devices list.I tried to shut down, then Update and Restart,...
  4. Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes: Hi,I just got the 1more dual driver ANC Pro headphones to be used for Microsoft Team calls and to listen to Spotify on my Microsoft Surface Pro 5.On Microsoft Teams - the headphones keeps getting disconnected every 10mins or less and will need to change device on Device...
  5. Brand new Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard stops working after a few minutes

Brand new Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard stops working after a few minutes: The keyboard works for a few minutes and then stops responding. I have to take the batteries out and put them back in and it starts working. Would appreciate and help. Thanks....
  6. Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop: I bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3 today and right away when I opened it out of the box, there was no cursor available and there was no response when using the touchpad. When I connect a USB wireless mouse to the laptop, a cursor reappears and I am able to click and...
  7. Brand New Surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Surface Go: I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to...
  8. Camera Issue on brand new surface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera Issue on brand new surface: I just bought a surface 2 days ago, couldn't set up Windows Hello and now getting this error when trying to access the camera. Only things running in Task Manager are Explorer and Mail...
  9. Brand new laptop - BSOD issues

Brand new laptop - BSOD issues: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...
  10. PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound: Hello, my name is Martin and I come from Croatia. SPECS: GPU: RX 460 4GB CPU: AMD FX 6350 MOBO: AsRock 970 Pro3 RAM: Vengance Ram 16GB (1 stick holds 8gb of DDR3 Ram) CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Evo 212 Power Supply: Akyga 600W OS: WIndows 10 64bit I do have 3 PC Case fans,...