Windows 10: Brand New SurfacePro7 and Can't install Windows 10 2004 Update

Discus and support Brand New SurfacePro7 and Can't install Windows 10 2004 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't believe that I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 7 and it keeps crapping out on the Install for 2004. What's up with that. Maybe I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveR_2020, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Brand New SurfacePro7 and Can't install Windows 10 2004 Update

I can't believe that I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 7 and it keeps crapping out on the Install for 2004. What's up with that. Maybe I should return and get something that works?

Very frustrated. I was getting a stupid message for months that "my computer was not ready yet" or some lame excuse. Is this how Microsoft treats its loyal customers?

Tried everything that I found on the web to fix it, even signed up again as an Insider and NOTHING is working.

:)

SteveR_2020, Jun 27, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 27, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Brand New SurfacePro7 and Can't install Windows 10 2004 Update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Brand New SurfacePro7 and Can't install Windows 10 2004 Update

1. Brand New SurfacePro7 and Can't install Windows 10 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Brand SurfacePro7 Can't

2. BSODs on a brand new windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs on a brand new windows install: Heyo, been helping with a computer for some time now. Last SSD crashed a week ago and we got another one but the computer has a unique set up for the SSD: the Bios is set to IDE (and I can see the hard drive is set to IDE in device manager) but the partition is GPT and it...
  3. new windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new windows 10 2004 update: when i open an app such as discord or stream labs on my second monitor i get a thin white line on the left of my main monitor does anybody know how to fix this???...
  4. Alienware Area 51M Can't install the new update - Windows 10 2004

Alienware Area 51M Can't install the new update - Windows 10 2004: Hello everyone, These days I'm bothered by an issue that my computer can't update to Windows 10 2004 from Windows 10 1909. I've been trying it in two ways. Either update it from Windows update itself, or from Microsoft to download the new update and manually install it....
  5. Can't Update to Windows 10 2004

Can't Update to Windows 10 2004: Hello. I can't update to version 2004 from 1903. The option comes up, but never installs. Please help if you can![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-windows-10-2004/a0470fad-e27e-41bf-b490-c36b76d253d8
  6. Can't update to Windows 10 2004

Can't update to Windows 10 2004: Tried installing Windows 10 2004 via Windows 10 Update Assistant. The Update Assistant restarted my PC, then just loaded the lock screen as normal after a longer than usual boot time. Tried methods on...
  7. Can't install Windows Update 2004

Can't install Windows Update 2004: I have two laptops and I updated them to the latest version of Windows 10 which is 2004. My main laptop updated with no problems but my secondary laptop was stuck on the startup logo, no spinning dots. It's just frozen there so I pushed the power button since I left both of...
  8. Can't Find New Update For New Windows 10 pro Version 2004

Can't Find New Update For New Windows 10 pro Version 2004: Hi, since the release of the latest Windows 10 version 2004 update, I hadn't received any updates in Update & Security settings on my Windows 10 pro which is currently running the version 1909. And, I can't get Microsoft Cortana to say my name or even access my e-mail. What...
  9. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...