Windows 10: Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

Discus and support Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Southern-Toe720 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd68dk/brand_new_to_pcs_and_nervous_that_my_prebuilt_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Southern-Toe720, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

/u/Southern-Toe720, Oct 17, 2020
  2. J.DD Win User

Brand new PC BSoD

Looks like the new pc it's a CPU related crash 0x124

The old computer has the same stop error - It's also CPU related

Since both are AMD, it maybe a windows update that caused this prob

Are the bioses on them up to date?

Take the new pc back. Tell them, there's a prob with the CPU. It maybe faulty

A new computer shouldnt crash with a CPU related stop error / crash

3. Paulieg Win User
    My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

Faulty brand new CPU? Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much... :(

I will almost bet the cpu is indeed bad. If all was well with the first flash with the old cpu then you didn't have a bad flash. You just some how spike the cpu into somewhat working with the new flash. Or just by removing it and re-installing it. The memory controller is on the cpu and if you where having no problems with the old cpu memory wise then there is most likely nothing wrong with your memory or the board. Which leaves the cpu to be at fault. Try as stinger suggested and put the old cpu back in. I almost guarantee that your problems will go away. If it was the board or memory problem then they won't.

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

1. Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much... - Similar Threads - Brand PC's nervous

2. Are my CPU cores broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are my CPU cores broken?: Hi, So I'm actually here for the 3rd time with the same PC. I was getting BSOD's very often I was told to buy new PSU. Which I did and my PC worked without problems for a week. One by one I replaced almost every component GPU,RAM,MOBO,PSU and tried to use different SSD...
  3. BSOD Brand new pc.

BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  4. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM: Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't installed much stuff, the startup applications are just the most basic ones, and even like that, and without running anything,...
  5. Core Isolation Not Compatible with Multiple Brands and Builds of PC's

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation Not Compatible with Multiple Brands and Builds of PC's: I have been testing the Windows 10 Core Isolation Feature for Windows 10 on multiple different PC's. I undertsand that it requires the Intel VT-x and VT-d features to be enabled in BIOS. I am wondering if there is some common setting that may be present that I am missing....
  6. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  7. Event log keeps turning up faulty applications on a brand new PC, crashes games and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log keeps turning up faulty applications on a brand new PC, crashes games and...: I just bought a PC within and set it up within the week. I have a GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard, EVGA 650 B3, 80 Plus Bronze 650W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-B3-0650-V1,...
  8. Pc do much slow!

Pc do much slow!: My pc is a lot slow, Windows 10 i have about 10min rising system, 5min opens the program. It's a lot of slow. On the other hdd everything is fine, I have the same Windows 10. What to do?...
  9. My brand new PC keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    My brand new PC keeps crashing: Hello! So i recently bought a new PC. but the problem is that it keeps freezing , mostly while playing games but on occasion it also happens while just running internet, so i don't think that the game is causing the issue, although i turned down the graphics just to be...
  10. 100% CPU - Brand New Machine

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU - Brand New Machine: Hi, I am trying to upgrade a number of machines to Windows 10 Pro. Latest one is a new laptop - fresh install and after it has been running a while it comes up at 100 CPU and it is something to do with Service host local system. This is not the only machine to be affected...