Windows 10: Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

Discus and support Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Southern-Toe720 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd68dk/brand_new_to_pcs_and_nervous_that_my_prebuilt_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Southern-Toe720, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

/u/Southern-Toe720, Oct 17, 2020
  2. J.DD Win User

Brand new PC BSoD

Looks like the new pc it's a CPU related crash 0x124

The old computer has the same stop error - It's also CPU related

Since both are AMD, it maybe a windows update that caused this prob

Are the bioses on them up to date?

Take the new pc back. Tell them, there's a prob with the CPU. It maybe faulty

A new computer shouldnt crash with a CPU related stop error / crash

3. Paulieg Win User
    My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

Faulty brand new CPU? Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much... :(

I will almost bet the cpu is indeed bad. If all was well with the first flash with the old cpu then you didn't have a bad flash. You just some how spike the cpu into somewhat working with the new flash. Or just by removing it and re-installing it. The memory controller is on the cpu and if you where having no problems with the old cpu memory wise then there is most likely nothing wrong with your memory or the board. Which leaves the cpu to be at fault. Try as stinger suggested and put the old cpu back in. I almost guarantee that your problems will go away. If it was the board or memory problem then they won't.

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much...

1. Brand new to PC's and nervous that my prebuilt is faulty, do cpu cores fluctuate this much... - Similar Threads - Brand PC's nervous

2. Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC: I recently just bought a Windows 11 "Player One" prebuilt PC from NZXT. Upon using it for the first time, none of the bluetooth devices that I attempt to connect to with my PC are being found. I've tried multiple different devices, all of which work correctly when connecting...
  3. Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC: I recently just bought a Windows 11 "Player One" prebuilt PC from NZXT. Upon using it for the first time, none of the bluetooth devices that I attempt to connect to with my PC are being found. I've tried multiple different devices, all of which work correctly when connecting...
  4. brand new pc keeps crashing, gpu has been tested and returned not faulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new pc keeps crashing, gpu has been tested and returned not faulty: getting 2 errors when crashing it looked as if the second code has something todo with gpu? any help would be great Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff8072871c340Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  5. brand new pc keeps crashing, gpu has been tested and returned not faulty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brand new pc keeps crashing, gpu has been tested and returned not faulty: getting 2 errors when crashing it looked as if the second code has something todo with gpu? any help would be great Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff8072871c340Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  6. How Much CPU Cores I Have

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Much CPU Cores I Have: Hello! Today I was browsing on youtube on how to optimize my pc for gaming and I stumbled on something called "how to use all of your cores" so I followed along. I went to the device manager and went to see how many cores I had. I saw that I had 4 cores So I followed along...
  7. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM: Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't installed much stuff, the startup applications are just the most basic ones, and even like that, and without running anything,...
  8. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  9. nervous mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nervous mouse: I have tried everything to stop my mouse from jumping and scrolling-any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nervous-mouse/7f9f9c80-141b-4bef-9693-22711c385350
  10. 100% CPU - Brand New Machine

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU - Brand New Machine: Hi, I am trying to upgrade a number of machines to Windows 10 Pro. Latest one is a new laptop - fresh install and after it has been running a while it comes up at 100 CPU and it is something to do with Service host local system. This is not the only machine to be affected...