Windows 10: brand new windows 10 pc, all updates installed, get click on any Defender options and get...

Discus and support brand new windows 10 pc, all updates installed, get click on any Defender options and get... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Brand new Windows 10 Pro PC (Intel NUC), all updates installed. Control Panel > Windows Security > Open Windows Security gives you erroneous error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnnyGrace, Apr 29, 2019.

1. brand new windows 10 pc, all updates installed, get click on any Defender options and get...

Brand new Windows 10 Pro PC (Intel NUC), all updates installed. Control Panel > Windows Security > Open Windows Security gives you erroneous error message "You'll need a new app to open this WindowsDefender one word) ..." links to No App found in MS Store, manually search for Windows Defender (two words) lists the app first in the list with option to [Open app] but instead of opening the app Microsoft sends you back to the error message above. Endless loop, searching google shows many of people with identical problem over the last 6 months. None of the suggested fixes work.

:)

JohnnyGrace, Apr 29, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 29, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

brand new windows 10 pc, all updates installed, get click on any Defender options and get...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

brand new windows 10 pc, all updates installed, get click on any Defender options and get...

1. brand new windows 10 pc, all updates installed, get click on any Defender options and get... - Similar Threads - brand updates installed

2. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC: Get the blue screen once every day essentially. PC drivers are completely up to date. Have minidump files and dxdiag and anything else that is needed, don't know how to post them here. Would really like to avoid doing a fresh windows install as I have multiple terabytes of...
  3. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC: Get the blue screen once every day essentially. PC drivers are completely up to date. Have minidump files and dxdiag and anything else that is needed, don't know how to post them here. Would really like to avoid doing a fresh windows install as I have multiple terabytes of...
  4. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 is getting a brand new Settings app with Sun Valley update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a brand new Settings app with Sun Valley update: It’s been over eight years since Microsoft first introduced the modern Settings interface with Windows 8. Even after the release of Windows 10, there isn’t a single interface for settings and the operating system still comes with Control Panel. That’s because the modern...
  7. Getting SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Ntfs.sys on a brand new windows installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Ntfs.sys on a brand new windows installation.: Yesterday I was playing a game when my computer shut down out of nowhere. It wasn't a temp issue always monitor temps and never went over 60 degrees on both CPU/GPU and I didn't get a blue screen. I checked the event viewer and there was nothing leading up to the critical...
  8. Can't get windows to install on a brand new build, all solutions I find are for existing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get windows to install on a brand new build, all solutions I find are for existing...: Just assembled a new computer: MSI B450 Mortar Max Titanium Motherboard Corsair LPX Vengence DDR4 RAM 2 x 8gb AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU Gigabyte Ge Force RTX2060 Graphics Card Samsung M.2 SSD 500GB - I want windows to go on this drive Seagate 3.5" HD Disconnected from SATA and...
  9. Windows 10 USB Installation on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB Installation on brand new PC: Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC from a USB drive, on which I created the installation media. When I go to install on my SSD I get the following error message: "Windows cannot install required files 0x8007025D. I have already clear the USB,...
  10. Brand new windows 10 PC w/all updates installed, cannot access Windows Security, get...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brand new windows 10 PC w/all updates installed, cannot access Windows Security, get...: Brand new Windows 10 Pro PC (Intel NUC), all updates installed. Control Panel > Windows Security > Open Windows Security gives you erroneous error message "You'll need a new app to open this WindowsDefender one word) ..." links to No App found in MS Store, manually search for...