Windows 10: Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC

Discus and support Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I am a new system user who has just built my first PC.I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from Microsoft brand new, and used the USB stick to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MagicalDoshDosh, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:37 PM.

1. Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC

Hello! I am a new system user who has just built my first PC.I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from Microsoft brand new, and used the USB stick to install windows to my fresh system. Install went fine, I was able to change my personalization options briefly. But after a restart, Windows asked for the activation key and is returning the "0xC004C008" error that says it's activated on another computer. This is a brand new system and a brand new key. I don't understand how it could be activated on another computer. My Microsoft account only shows one system: the one it's installed on right now

:)

MagicalDoshDosh, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:37 PM

2. Brand New windows key won't work.

I recently bought a windows product key from amazon for my newly built pc. I installed windows, inputted the product key.

All seemed fine. A day later it is prompting me to input the product key and when I do it is saying the key has been used on another computer. Baring in mind I bought this brand new from amazon.

Any suggestions?

TheCrazedPCFanatic, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:38 PM
  3. Error code 0xC004C008

Hi,

The error code 0xC004C008 means that the product key that you are trying to use is already activated on a different device. For us to effectively assist you, can you confirm if you have already activated the product key on another device
    before building a new computer? Or was it purchased brand new the same time that you have built the new computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this link
    Get help with Windows activation errors
    for further details regarding the error code that you are receiving.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:38 PM
  4. Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC

brand new windows 10 activation no working

I have recently built a new computer. I purchased a brand new usb copy of windows 10 from amazon and I am getting an error message that my activation key is invalid. Is it possible that it is because of an old windows account recognizing an old product
    key from a previous computer? I am just very confused on why this brand new copy of windows is giving me trouble.

KrisThornton, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:38 PM
Thema:

Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC

1. Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC - Similar Threads - Brand product key

2. Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC: Hello! I am a new system user who has just built my first PC.I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from Microsoft brand new, and used the USB stick to install windows to my fresh system. Install went fine, I was able to change my personalization options briefly. But after a...
  3. Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new Windows 10 product key showing "Already used" 0xC004C008 Error on brand new built PC: Hello! I am a new system user who has just built my first PC.I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from Microsoft brand new, and used the USB stick to install windows to my fresh system. Install went fine, I was able to change my personalization options briefly. But after a...
  4. Installing drivers on a home built brand new pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing drivers on a home built brand new pc: Hello, yesterday i built my first pc, and was able to install windows 10 onto it. this evening i booted it up in order to install drivers, however i could not connect to the internet.The pc has an ethernet connection, so i assume the reason is that i am yet to install a...
  5. Windows 10 install on brand new PC I built.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install on brand new PC I built.: Hello community, I just build my first gaming PC. I bought the Windows 10 usb flash drive new from best buy with key. I've researched some and most tutorials say to use the media creation tool to install Windows 10 onto PC. My question is if I already bought the Windows 10...
  6. BSOD Brand new pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  7. Re-using brand new windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-using brand new windows 10: Hi - I bought a PC without an OS and bought windows 10 from Currys UK for it. I put the windows in and tried the computer but didn't like it - (too noisy). I sent it back the next day and got my money back - bought a new computer. I was assured by everyone that I could reuse...
  8. brand new pc

brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. Install windows on a brand new SSD with product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install windows on a brand new SSD with product key: Hi, Currently I'm using windows 10 on a HDD on my desktop. The desktop used to run windows 8, but I upgraded it. (so the product key is used) Using Belarc Advisor, I got my Windows 8 product key. I have a brand new SSD here so I want to upgrade to this SSD. However,...