Windows 10: Brandnew PC with new license requires activating but fails 0x803F7001

Discus and support Brandnew PC with new license requires activating but fails 0x803F7001 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Although the code suggests (re)activating is impossible probably due to a major hardware change, this can not be the case. New PC, new legal OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mariandel43, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Brandnew PC with new license requires activating but fails 0x803F7001

Although the code suggests (re)activating is impossible probably due to a major hardware change, this can not be the case.

New PC, new legal OEM Windows version.

Minor changes applied:

- initialised an extra hard disk

- changed the name of the computer

- added some outlook email addresses

Can anyone help me?

:)

Mariandel43, Nov 11, 2018
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Brandnew PC with new license requires activating but fails 0x803F7001

Windows 1511 activation fails - fresh install; "Invalid key 0x803F7001 "

Hi Dean,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that, you face issue with Windows 10 activation and I'd certainly help you.

You might see this error if no valid Windows license was found for your device when upgrading to Windows 10 or if you performed a clean installation of Windows 10, which requires a new license to activate your copy of Windows.

Please refer to the section “Windows is not activated as your previous version of Windows on this device was not activated prior to upgrade to Windows 10. (Error code: 0x803F7001)” in the Microsoft article below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10?linkId=16232102

Also try to refer to the suggestions of Abdul_Malik replied on November 16, 2015, to fix your issue with "Invalid key 0x803F7001 ".

Error Code 0x803f7001 after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Brandnew PC with new license requires activating but fails 0x803F7001

1. Brandnew PC with new license requires activating but fails 0x803F7001 - Similar Threads - Brandnew license requires

2. License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001: While playing some games my monitor will lose signal as well as other devices, audio will bug and loop, and I will need to force shut down my pc. Event viewer shows me 3 errors, and I have tried searching how to fix them and so far nothing has helped:1. License Activation...
  3. License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001: While playing some games my monitor will lose signal as well as other devices, audio will bug and loop, and I will need to force shut down my pc. Event viewer shows me 3 errors, and I have tried searching how to fix them and so far nothing has helped:1. License Activation...
  4. License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001: My computer is eventually freezing and giving a screeching sound at the same time forcing to hard reset Event Viewer is showing this last Error before the freeze happen, when it happen: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code: hr=0x803F7001...
  6. Windows is not activated - 0x803F7001

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is not activated - 0x803F7001: Hi, back in January I had a Lenovo desktop that broke down. It came with windows 7 at the time (then upgraded to windows 10). I then built my own pc and kept the original hard drive from which windows booted. Since then I've been using my new computer without windows...
  7. Activation error 0x803F7001

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation error 0x803F7001: [ATTACH] I do not know who uses my license. My license is digital. And I've done a clean install, even though my license is not active. I have activated my license by email. I made all attempts but I did not get any results. please help me....
  8. Windows Home to Windows Pro Activation failing - Error code 0x803F7001

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Home to Windows Pro Activation failing - Error code 0x803F7001: Hi I purchased a 145 euro upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro ( Reports as Windows 10 Enterprise in System About ! ) on Friday from Windows 'Update and Security' . All went well with the upgrade but I have not been able to activate. The laptop had a Windows 8.1...
  9. Windows 10 license couldn’t be found to activate Windows – 0x803F7001

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 license couldn’t be found to activate Windows – 0x803F7001: [ATTACH] When activating your Windows computer, if you receive activation error 0x803F7001, then it means that a valid Windows 10 license couldn’t be found to activate Windows on your computer. Surprisingly there can be more than one reason why the activation failed. [...]...
  10. Windows 10 License - New computer (Error: 0x803F7001)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 License - New computer (Error: 0x803F7001): Hello, I bought myself a completely new computer with the exception of the ssd drive on which was installed windows 10 x64. When I try to restore a license through the settings-> updates-> activation-> Troubleshooting I get an error. Can I restore my license?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 803f7001 activation new pc