Windows 10: Brave Browser and Wayback Machine team up to make Web more reliable

Discus and support Brave Browser and Wayback Machine team up to make Web more reliable in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Web just got a little bit more reliable. Available today, starting with version 1.4 of its desktop browser, Brave has added a 404 detection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Brave Browser and Wayback Machine team up to make Web more reliable

Source: Brave Browser and the Wayback Machine: Working together to help make the Web more useful and reliable | Internet Archive Blogs

:)

Brink, Feb 26, 2020

2. Brave Browser

I'm trying to set Brave as my default web browser but, windows 10 doesn't include it in the list of available browsers. Even when you try to set default by app it still doesn't show up. the only place it shows up is programs and features where you can uninstall it.

I figured it out just download the latest version and reinstall then it shows up.

shaggy5777, Feb 26, 2020
  3. G.T
    G.T Win User
    Wayback Machine Sued

I hope they come away from it without so much as a scratch, Wayback machine is very handy and it's non profit so suing it is moronic.

4. RBT
    RBT Win User

Unable to set Brave browser as default browser in Windows 10

Brave is a new web browser from Brendan Eich (the inventor of the JavaScript programming language). I installed it yesterday on my Windows 10 (Enterprise edition, 64-bit) PC and want to set it as the default web browser to open web links/URLs.

When I went into system settings on my Windows 10 (64-bit OS) PC, I don't see it in the options at all. It only shows Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer:

  
    Brave Browser and Wayback Machine team up to make Web more reliable LTr1b.png

                  [Click to see larger screen shot (in context)]

Can anyone suggest as to why my computer is unable to detect Brave as a web browser application and hence not populating in the drop down? Or if there is any other way to set the default browser setting for a newly installed browser on a Windows 10 PC?

Thema:

1. Brave Browser and Wayback Machine team up to make Web more reliable - Similar Threads - Brave Browser Wayback

2. Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-page-wayback-machine/51ba6f2d-3004-4cdd-a990-2325a367be2d
  3. Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-page-wayback-machine/51ba6f2d-3004-4cdd-a990-2325a367be2d
  4. USE BRAVE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USE BRAVE BROWSER: I am using 2 years the brave browser and is the best. -8 times faster than google chrome -way safer than any other browser -auto add blocker for any annoying add Download Link: https://brave.com/ldk927
  5. Do you use the Brave browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you use the Brave browser?: I've been trying it out for several days now, I like it, and it looks to be much more private than Googles government surveillance browser is. It runs like and looks like Chrome, works good with Lastpass, and my VPN. I wanted to get away from Google chrome, Brave my just be...
  6. All web browsers completely freeze machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All web browsers completely freeze machine: Hello, 15” dell gaming laptop, AMD A10 gen7, 16 gb ram. For the past month all web browsers, whether it be Chrome, Edge, Firefox completely freeze my machine. Have to do a hard shut down. I can run SolidWorks and Mastercam all day no problems(intensive programs). Within 2...
  7. Is Brave browser safe to use?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Brave browser safe to use?: I was using Brave browser for a while and my co-worker told me that it was really spyware. I didn't have any issues with the browser. I don't trust google and Microsoft Edge is a joke. What is the general opinion on Brave? 120900
  8. Brave Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Brave Browser: Experimented with Brave. What is your opinion ? (Unable to find any recent threads) My thoughts: - Delayed start to launch - Does not have themes ? - Do you think its tracking protection is better than others ? - Does not seem faster than Edge or Chrome on my System. -...
  9. Make firefox as default app for "web browser"

in Browsers and Email
    Make firefox as default app for "web browser": Dear folks I was trying to change default app for " web browser" from Microsoft Edge to Firefox as per below : How to change your default browser in Windows 10 | Firefox Help I can't find Firefox as an option ? [img] Any idea how can I fix it ? Thx 101100
  10. Brave Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Brave Browser: Brave Software | Building a Better Web The new Brave browser automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current browser. It says. Chrome based. 47679