Windows 10: Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

Discus and support Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser "Brave Browser" is based on the same open-source Chromium code ( by Google ) as a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vineet Garg, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser

"Brave Browser" is based on the same open-source Chromium code ( by Google ) as a number of other browsers. It's time to try & be brave with "Brave Web Browser" for a number of reasons:

1. A strong promise of privacy & a much more private window i.e. "Private Window With Tor"

2. Strong Ad & Tracking blocker with optional '' Brave Rewards Ads'' which adopts a requesting mode of advertisement rather than bombarding web pages / content, aiming to reward content creators in the real sense.

( You shall like to increase per hour ads viewing from 2 to 5 because the ads are very friendly & payout you for viewing them! Be a little generous awarding / paying them back to your favorite "Brave Verified Content Creator" )

3. Automatically Upgrading sites to HTTPS wherever possible.

4. Says In-built Torrent & Magnet support ( but did not try on my own.)

5. An in built "WAYBACK MACHINE ( Internet Archiving )" Prompt on " Error 404 : Page Not Found" ( Page taken down)

6. Claims supporting "Chrome Web Store & Extensions". Also commits that it gave a quick view & test to some of them but warns against them in a general way as we all are aware.

So,

A Fast, Secure, Private & All In One Web Browser is waiting for you!

( Referral download codes & monetary benefits are available for content creators with THEM! )

IN MY OPINION :

1. One should always keep away from Crypto Wallets, Crypto Currencies, etc.

2. Everyone should keep at least two browsers. The one dedicated for financial activities, should be configured tightly for security with bare minimum Setup, Permissions & Functions.

FIND YOUR TRUTH : Licensing some way related to Mozilla Foundation ( The makers of Firefox, Thunderbird, etc. )

Thanks.

:)

Vineet Garg, Aug 31, 2020
  2. jpdutch Win User

Brave Browser

I recently started using Brave because Firefox was tediously slow.
    Everything worked fine until I used <Ctrl><Insert> to copy a URL & Brave enlarged the top area with the Browser Menu, the search/URL bar & tab-headers and I can't find a way to undo it. Any suggestions?

PS Via the menu you can add a menu.

jpdutch, Aug 31, 2020
  3. RBT
    RBT Win User
    Unable to set Brave browser as default browser in Windows 10

Brave is a new web browser from Brendan Eich (the inventor of the JavaScript programming language). I installed it yesterday on my Windows 10 (Enterprise edition, 64-bit) PC and want to set it as the default web browser to open web links/URLs.

When I went into system settings on my Windows 10 (64-bit OS) PC, I don't see it in the options at all. It only shows Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer:

  
    Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control! LTr1b.png

                  [Click to see larger screen shot (in context)]

Can anyone suggest as to why my computer is unable to detect Brave as a web browser application and hence not populating in the drop down? Or if there is any other way to set the default browser setting for a newly installed browser on a Windows 10 PC?

4. Dugly Win User

Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

Do you use the Brave browser?

I use Brave and its a good browser with a couple of caveats: a) don't use the sync feature until Brave gets around to fixing it. At the moment it is the cause of much angst; b, if you download torrents, you need to go in to the Brave settings and disable using Brave to download, i.e., use whatever torrent app you currently use and not Brave. The reason is that the Brave browser downloads torrents to RAM and as soon as you turn off the browser the torrents are gone. This has also caused a lot of angst. c) Also, the Brave BAT wallet may not work for you if you're in to the crypto side of things. Reports of lost tokens have also - get ready - caused a lot of angst. Suggest you check out the Brave Community. Brave has lots of tickets to deal with.

Dugly, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

1. Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control! - Similar Threads - Brave Browser Internet

2. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  3. Unable to install Chrome browser and Brave

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Chrome browser and Brave: after latest windows update-windows 10 version 20H2 for x64 system KB4023057.chrome and brave browser totally crashed, so i had to uninstall and delete them, now when i try to reinstall it's failed showing this message : brave/ google chrome installer requires an update to...
  4. Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!: Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser "Brave Browser" is based on the same open-source Chromium code ( by Google ) as a number of other browsers. It's time to try & be brave with "Brave Web Browser" for a number of reasons: 1. A strong promise of...
  5. Brave Browser only opens as administrator.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brave Browser only opens as administrator.: Since some days ago, my browser (brave) doesn't open unless I run it as Administrator. If I don't do so, nothing happens. What can I do so that I can run it with normal permissions? submitted by /u/mariiete1801 [link] [comments]...
  6. USE BRAVE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USE BRAVE BROWSER: I am using 2 years the brave browser and is the best. -8 times faster than google chrome -way safer than any other browser -auto add blocker for any annoying add Download Link: https://brave.com/ldk927
  7. Do you use the Brave browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you use the Brave browser?: I've been trying it out for several days now, I like it, and it looks to be much more private than Googles government surveillance browser is. It runs like and looks like Chrome, works good with Lastpass, and my VPN. I wanted to get away from Google chrome, Brave my just be...
  8. Is Brave browser safe to use?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Brave browser safe to use?: I was using Brave browser for a while and my co-worker told me that it was really spyware. I didn't have any issues with the browser. I don't trust google and Microsoft Edge is a joke. What is the general opinion on Brave? 120900
  9. Brave Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Brave Browser: Experimented with Brave. What is your opinion ? (Unable to find any recent threads) My thoughts: - Delayed start to launch - Does not have themes ? - Do you think its tracking protection is better than others ? - Does not seem faster than Edge or Chrome on my System. -...
  10. Brave Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Brave Browser: Brave Software | Building a Better Web The new Brave browser automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current browser. It says. Chrome based. 47679