Windows 10: Brave Browser

Discus and support Brave Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Brave Software | Building a Better Web The new Brave browser automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Apr 17, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Brave Browser

Brave Software | Building a Better Web

The new Brave browser automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current browser. It says. Chrome based.

:)

elbmek, Apr 17, 2016

2. edge is a piece of crap

for now, iam at ease. i dont have to worry about edge. ive been using brave browser heavily. cheers guys

Malcolmsmith1964, Apr 17, 2016
  3. c trac Win User
    why are brave browser settings not maintained in w10?

I believe I read there are no saved sessions, as in private browsing. no cookies.

c trac, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Brave Browser

Thanks for this! First I've heard of Brave!

mickey12gauge, Feb 6, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    I have just been looking over the all new Brave! Its speed seems impressive but lack of controls turns me off. I like my file edit menu bar on all browsers I use, I use it a lot. Bye Brave ..................

elbmek, Feb 7, 2017
  6. ive known about brave since last year. ive already tried it both on pc and tablet. what I don't like is its file size. its alright. Iam waiting for brave to create a portable edition..and then I will reinstall it.

Pathfinder, Feb 7, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    why oh why do browser 'inventors' think they need to abandon the file menu along the top, its an essential part of browsing for me. If only FF would shut down when I tell it to, straight away, I would use that. It stays open in the background and refuses to let me reopen.

elbmek, Feb 8, 2017
  8. Brave Browser

in task manager, how much does brave consume memory? i know that edge consumes a lot. to me, 800MB is a lot..and at one point it was consuming nearly 2GB

Pathfinder, Feb 8, 2017
  9. There is a way to enable that menu bar by selecting "Settings" and under "General" untick "Hide the menu bar by default".

mickey12gauge, Feb 10, 2017
  10. elbmek Win User
    I am sure I looked but will check again.

oh dear, think I need to have my eyes checked, totally missed that!!!!!*Redface

Many thanks

elbmek, Feb 10, 2017
  11. I'm trying to set Brave as my default web browser but, windows 10 doesn't include it in the list of available browsers. Even when you try to set default by app it still doesn't show up. the only place it shows up is programs and features where you can uninstall it.

I figured it out just download the latest version and reinstall then it shows up.

shaggy5777, May 6, 2017
  12. I've been using Brave for a week or two because I frequent a very 'difficult' website that needs a complete rewrite and I have to change browsers to be able to communicate with it.

I have set Brave to open with tabs from last session but it will not do it, it opens with Brave home page only, every dang time!

clemenzina, May 18, 2017
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Brave Browser

Hi there

Not only on browsers -- more and more people seem to be designing applications without any menus -- a computer used for serious type work is NOT A MOBILE PHONE -- these new browser apps seem more suited to mobile phones than computers.

At least both IE 11 and Firefox have kept the menu options.

Also why are people so obsessed with browser speed -- pointless exercise since the speed is dependent on so many external factors such as load on the website you are trying to access, your own internet connection speed, load on your own computer, number of "internal re-directs" the browser makes before reaching a website etc etc.

For example just trace the number of websites / data collected by Google when clicking on a google search. Easy way to see it is to use IE11 and press F12 (debug mode) - you probably will be quite amazed at the amount of data being captured,

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 18, 2017
  14. Open with tabs from last session is the default setting.
    It worked for me then I changed it because I wanted it to open only Google.

shaggy5777, May 18, 2017
  15. jpdutch Win User
    I recently started using Brave because Firefox was tediously slow.
    Everything worked fine until I used <Ctrl><Insert> to copy a URL & Brave enlarged the top area with the Browser Menu, the search/URL bar & tab-headers and I can't find a way to undo it. Any suggestions?

PS Via the menu you can add a menu.

jpdutch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Brave Browser

1. Brave Browser - Similar Threads - Brave Browser

2. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  3. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  4. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity: I am using a Soundblaster Rx5 and have noticed Windows is making sporadic attempts at advanced a audio functionality. One point, Youtube sounds much better in Brave than in AVG or other browsers....
  6. Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity

Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity: I am using a Soundblaster Rx5 and have noticed Windows is making sporadic attempts at advanced a audio functionality. One point, Youtube sounds much better in Brave than in AVG or other browsers....
  7. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  8. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  9. Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux: Hello,For a few weeks my microsoft autofill stop working on brave browser with linux.I already remove and install the extension but it doesn't work.* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on brave browser...
  10. Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux

Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux: Hello,For a few weeks my microsoft autofill stop working on brave browser with linux.I already remove and install the extension but it doesn't work.* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on brave browser...