Windows 10: Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.

Discus and support Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just noted today on Brave Privacy & Security, the option Remote Debugging that is on by default. It must be an option that came with the latest... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pulcinella, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.

Just noted today on Brave Privacy & Security, the option Remote Debugging that is on by default. It must be an option that came with the latest version, I maybe wrong but I never notice it before.
    I did disable it as I'm not quite sure what having it On entails vis a vis to privacy.
    Do I need it On all of the time?

Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option. [​IMG]

:)

Pulcinella, Jun 21, 2020
  2. techpun Win User

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Jun 21, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BST forum rule clarification

Just for the record, I only suggested the clarification because suggesting everyone has a basic grasp of english simply is not true.

R-T-B, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.

1. Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option. - Similar Threads - Brave Need clarification

2. Remote debugging : can't make it work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remote debugging : can't make it work: Hi, I should firstly ask if asking about an ASP.NET web app is acceptable..?If NO then EXITIf YES then, my issue: cannot make debug mode work on a local asp.net project, where the IIS server is remote.I'm running the code using my local VS.NET 2019 IDEI fired up a remote...
  3. Remote debugging : can't make it work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote debugging : can't make it work: Hi, I should firstly ask if asking about an ASP.NET web app is acceptable..?If NO then EXITIf YES then, my issue: cannot make debug mode work on a local asp.net project, where the IIS server is remote.I'm running the code using my local VS.NET 2019 IDEI fired up a remote...
  4. Remote debugging : can't make it work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. debugging memory.dmp file remotely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    debugging memory.dmp file remotely: Hello, i have a server 2008 r2 that crashed the other day and I need to check the memory.dmp file in the C drive under windows. however i can not install nor does the server have installed Wdbgdmp installed or wdk as well. they do not allow to install from MS so how i am...
  6. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows: See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. My question is, if I select the [Clean Install] option for reinstalling Windows from an Installation Media, will it...
  7. I need some clarification about digital licenses and reactivation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some clarification about digital licenses and reactivation.: I'm looking to wipe my Win10 installation but would like to have the option to reinstall it in the future if necessary. I've checked this sub-Reddit and Google to try to find detailed info about the Win10 digital licenses but aside from the very general responses of "Yes. It...
  8. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  9. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  10. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender: Hi All, I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:- 2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId:...