Windows 10: Brave vs. Chrome

Discus and support Brave vs. Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just read article about Brave vs. Chrome. I'm seeking real world comments and opinions. Thanks 139467 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Aug 29, 2019.

1. lpatrick Win User

Brave vs. Chrome

Just read article about Brave vs. Chrome. I'm seeking real world comments and opinions.

Thanks

:)

lpatrick, Aug 29, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 29, 2019
  4. jpdutch Win User

Brave vs. Chrome

Brave Browser

I recently started using Brave because Firefox was tediously slow.
    Everything worked fine until I used <Ctrl><Insert> to copy a URL & Brave enlarged the top area with the Browser Menu, the search/URL bar & tab-headers and I can't find a way to undo it. Any suggestions?

PS Via the menu you can add a menu.

jpdutch, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Brave vs. Chrome

1. Brave vs. Chrome - Similar Threads - Brave Chrome

2. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  3. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  4. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  6. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  7. My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...: Well two days ago my edge browser tabs kept on loading but never loads fully so I rebooted the system and it was working again. Later I tried to stream a certain video on vlc and vlc hanged. I tried to close it but it said "sending report to Microsoft" so I tried it from task...
  8. My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...

My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...: Well two days ago my edge browser tabs kept on loading but never loads fully so I rebooted the system and it was working again. Later I tried to stream a certain video on vlc and vlc hanged. I tried to close it but it said "sending report to Microsoft" so I tried it from task...
  9. Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...: Hi,Last night suddenly out of the blue, my system started behaving weird. The tabs in Brave, Chrome, Firefox got closed and a blank page was being refreshed over and over again. Alongwith this, multiple windows of Edge kept opening automatically. I am now unable to use the...
  10. Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...: Hi,Last night suddenly out of the blue, my system started behaving weird. The tabs in Brave, Chrome, Firefox got closed and a blank page was being refreshed over and over again. Alongwith this, multiple windows of Edge kept opening automatically. I am now unable to use the...