Windows 10: Breaking into my hospitalized brothers computer

Discus and support Breaking into my hospitalized brothers computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title suggests, I'm trying to break into my brothers computer. He's in the hospital with serious injuries and I need to run his ebay business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brastafarian, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Breaking into my hospitalized brothers computer

Like the title suggests, I'm trying to break into my brothers computer. He's in the hospital with serious injuries and I need to run his ebay business while he's gone. I'm stuck at the password screen. I'm pretty handy with computers but I'm at a loss on how I would even begin this process. Any advice would be very very appreciated.

submitted by /u/Brastafarian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brastafarian, Jul 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 11, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Breaking into my hospitalized brothers computer

Brother printer DCP 1610w not scanning to my computer

Hi Linden,

Outdated scanner driver is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to scan using your Brother DCP 1610W printer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest driver for your printer from the manufacturer's website?
    • Do you receive any error messages?
    • What program are you using to scan files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Breaking into my hospitalized brothers computer

1. Breaking into my hospitalized brothers computer - Similar Threads - Breaking hospitalized brothers

2. Brother printer can't find my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer can't find my computer.: Something recently changed with my printer and it says "offline" my laptops. I followed Brother's directions to remove and reinstall. I search for the printer, select it, and try to reinstall. The printer says my computer is trying to connect and I say "ok". Then the printer...
  3. Brother printer can't find my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer can't find my computer.: Something recently changed with my printer and it says "offline" my laptops. I followed Brother's directions to remove and reinstall. I search for the printer, select it, and try to reinstall. The printer says my computer is trying to connect and I say "ok". Then the printer...
  4. bottom of computer breaking?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bottom of computer breaking?: My computer is brand new and I just noticed this. What do I do?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-of-computer-breaking/450b0c9d-dbd7-4e1a-b057-ef5aab733024
  5. Updates completely breaking my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates completely breaking my computer?: So, I've been having an issue lately. Every time my PC does an update according to event viewer, the last two times this has happened it was the "2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems" it will then refuse to boot up. Any attempt to turn...
  6. Password for my deceased brother's computer.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for my deceased brother's computer.: How do I get a sign on password for my deceased brother's computer. I am the administrator of his estate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-my-deceased-brothers-computer/2e2ffb5c-acb9-4a32-882f-7dc57699b123
  7. Did I break my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did I break my computer?: So when I got home from work I turned on my pc and was presented with a blue screen. My mom told me the power flickered and that that could be the reason, so I restarted and forgot about it. I was trying to open Microsoft store and it kept crashing every time I tried to open...
  8. Windows update breaks my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update breaks my computer: I need help to either prevent Windows 10 from updating my computer or a fix to Windows so that the update does not break it. I have an old HP laptop that works great. Does what I need and really do not see any reason to spend money to get a new one. However, Microsoft...
  9. Update constantly breaking my computers

Update constantly breaking my computers: I'm sick of it. I have 5 windows 10 computers on a home network and every time one of them is hacked by microsoft to install unwanted and unneeded updates, I am forced to spend hours repairing them. My home network is always destroyed. I must go from computer to computer,...
  10. Windows Updates break my computer

Windows Updates break my computer: When Windows 1803 was pushed last summer, it failed to install and broke things so badly it backed out of the install, though it left the system broken. It took me a week of research and work to install it by hand (using a downloaded image) and fix my BIOS. Even after this it...