Windows 10: breaking/pause a process with Debug?

Discus and support breaking/pause a process with Debug? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'd like to pause/break a flash application/process once it starts running. I tried to attach to the process with windbg, but it breaks before the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sananda, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Sananda Win User

breaking/pause a process with Debug?

I'd like to pause/break a flash application/process once it starts running. I tried to attach to the process with windbg, but it breaks before the app is loaded into my memory... I'd like to have it break when it is loaded into my memory, but before the app compiles (flash uses jit compilation). How should I do this? If I run windbg with it (or a similar app), could i let the process continue and break on a next point so to speak? I don't really have any debugging knowledge...
    Thanks

:)

Sananda, Apr 1, 2018

2. Assign Break or Pause key function

Hi mayurpatel111,

By default the Pause/Break you cannot change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys. For you to change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys, it's best that you contact the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance some keyboard manufacturers allow changing
    the mapping of their keyboards or install a third party application.

If you have further queries, feel free to post in the Answers Community.

Gerald Vit, Apr 1, 2018
  3. Assign Break or Pause key function

Can we assign the keyboard key "Pause" or "Break"?

I wanted to make my laptop to go to sleep when i hit Pause or Break button on keyboard.

If yes, How?

mayurpatel111, Apr 1, 2018
Thema:

breaking/pause a process with Debug?

1. breaking/pause a process with Debug? - Similar Threads - breaking pause process

2. Debug on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Debug on startup: Every time I restart my computer I get a debug file on my desktop. it usually has the same 3 lines. I would really like to know what this means. I just noticed it a couple days ago. the first time I noticed it had about 20 lines. This time it had 3 lines....
  3. Debug Notepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug Notepad: Debug Notepad suddenly showed up on my desktop. I am not sure why. The following is what it included. is this something I need to be concerned about. Please help. Thank you. Bark K *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [0710/211441.826:ERROR:file_io.cc(89)]...
  4. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  5. jit debugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jit debugging: Someone please tell me how to fix this for windows 10 I'm not very bright. See the end of this message for details on...
  6. aria debug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    aria debug: These keep showing up but I have no clue as from where or why? 2019-03-12 07:47:39.675|00009452| C:\build\aria-cpp-v1\clienttelemetry\src\LogManagerImpl.cpp(626): class Microsoft::Applications::Telemetry::ILogger *__thiscall...
  7. Can Aria Debug files break my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Aria Debug files break my computer?: [ATTACH] I'm worried that these files that keep appearing might break my computer. I can't delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-aria-debug-files-break-my-computer/c76e15e4-ecd2-416e-ba2c-9518c8a452ea"
  8. IDC Debug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IDC Debug: Hello, Recently my Office Word starts but shuts down after a while again and I lose the document I was working on. Meanwhile a document appeared on my desktop, called IDC_debug_log and it asks me to send it as an attachment to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***....
  9. debug log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    debug log: Hi good day, i started up my laptop and say this debug log on my desktop [0808/203350.721:ERROR:file_io_win.cc(243)] SetEndOfFile: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. (0x4C8) I don't know what it means or what happened,...
  10. win + pause/break no longer works

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win + pause/break no longer works: Here I am, tweaking away at a new Windows 10 install when I notice that the win + pause/break hotkey no longer opens the System window. I tried undoing some tweaks, but no luck. I don't know at what point it stopped working and I've got many hours into installing and tweaking...