Windows 10: breaking/pause a process with Debug?

Discus and support breaking/pause a process with Debug? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'd like to pause/break a flash application/process once it starts running. I tried to attach to the process with windbg, but it breaks before the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sananda, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Sananda Win User

breaking/pause a process with Debug?

I'd like to pause/break a flash application/process once it starts running. I tried to attach to the process with windbg, but it breaks before the app is loaded into my memory... I'd like to have it break when it is loaded into my memory, but before the app compiles (flash uses jit compilation). How should I do this? If I run windbg with it (or a similar app), could i let the process continue and break on a next point so to speak? I don't really have any debugging knowledge...
    Thanks

:)

Sananda, Apr 1, 2018

2. Assign Break or Pause key function

Hi mayurpatel111,

By default the Pause/Break you cannot change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys. For you to change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys, it's best that you contact the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance some keyboard manufacturers allow changing
    the mapping of their keyboards or install a third party application.

If you have further queries, feel free to post in the Answers Community.

Gerald Vit, Apr 1, 2018
  3. Assign Break or Pause key function

Can we assign the keyboard key "Pause" or "Break"?

I wanted to make my laptop to go to sleep when i hit Pause or Break button on keyboard.

If yes, How?

mayurpatel111, Apr 1, 2018
Thema:

breaking/pause a process with Debug?

1. breaking/pause a process with Debug? - Similar Threads - breaking pause process

2. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  3. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Windbg crashed while debugging process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windbg crashed while debugging process: Hello eveyone.I tried to debug Notepad.exe using Windbg. I set a breakpoint at Kernel32!CreateFileW, and everything was fine until I clicked on Notepad and the breakpoint was hit.I didn't even click on File-Open in the top left corner, but Windbg became not responding....
  5. Windbg crashed while debugging process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windbg crashed while debugging process: Hello eveyone.I tried to debug Notepad.exe using Windbg. I set a breakpoint at Kernel32!CreateFileW, and everything was fine until I clicked on Notepad and the breakpoint was hit.I didn't even click on File-Open in the top left corner, but Windbg became not responding....
  6. Windbg crashed while debugging process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key: I'm trying to figure out what combination to use for a Pause/Break key on an MS 5050 or sculpt keyboard, or how to program a macro. I have read several articles on here and they are very unclear. We use an old school mainframe program and I need this key to clear data on my...
  8. Way to temporarily pause internet on an process?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Way to temporarily pause internet on an process?: Is there any way or app to pause/cut off internet to a single app for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/way-to-temporarily-pause-internet-on-an-process/449da3fb-3db0-422f-aa58-4ad3b37a593e
  9. Can Aria Debug files break my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Aria Debug files break my computer?: [ATTACH] I'm worried that these files that keep appearing might break my computer. I can't delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-aria-debug-files-break-my-computer/c76e15e4-ecd2-416e-ba2c-9518c8a452ea"
  10. win + pause/break no longer works

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win + pause/break no longer works: Here I am, tweaking away at a new Windows 10 install when I notice that the win + pause/break hotkey no longer opens the System window. I tried undoing some tweaks, but no luck. I don't know at what point it stopped working and I've got many hours into installing and tweaking...