Windows 10: Brick of nothingness on start

Discus and support Brick of nothingness on start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So,I was gonna go to bed so i went to start to shut down and saw this brick of nothing where the ? is:[ATTACH],Plz help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Corolo, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Corolo Win User

Brick of nothingness on start

So,I was gonna go to bed so i went to start to shut down and saw this brick of nothing where the ? is: Brick of nothingness on start 8834fc6c-cc59-4e74-b383-c2f35c4d9716?upload=true.png ,Plz help

:)

Corolo, Jun 25, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Brick of nothingness on start

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Brick of nothingness on start

1. Brick of nothingness on start - Similar Threads - Brick nothingness start

2. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  3. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  4. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update of a Brick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of a Brick: Old timer here- HELP? The brick is a fanlees ACEPC with limited EMMC (slow) memory -Not enough room to update from Windows Version 1909 . I have an SSD installed . 1) Can I move ,copy, or install latest home version on the SSD & trigger machine to start from there? 2) Will...
  6. Black Screen of Nothingness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen of Nothingness in Windows 10: I had a previous issue of the start menu not working in Windows 10. I created a new Windows 10 profile and proceeded to work with that profile, where the start menu would work without any issues. Now a new problem has surfaced on my Microsoft surface laptop 2. When I logon...
  7. USB bricked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB bricked: Hello, do you have any recommended actions for a Kingston USB drive that the only thing that it does is say "you have to format the drive" but nothing works? Any program? Thanks! 117249
  8. Windows 10 bricked. Computer won’t start up.

Windows 10 bricked. Computer won’t start up.: Hi, I have a problem with my PC not starting up. During a major update, my internet service failed due to a heavy storm damaging the underground cabling. As a result, the update was halted, and I wasn’t able to restore internet service for a week, hence the update not...
  9. Bricked SSD?

Bricked SSD?: Hello, I was having a problem where Windows 10 would not boot unless I had the USB boot stick in the computer (I could then take it out and windows would run fine). So, I attempted to do a re-install but this time using UEFI so I went into my motherboard and set it up and...
  10. Bricked Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bricked Laptop: Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then...