Windows 10: Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help...

Discus and support Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a feeling my Nvme drive has died but have no way of knowing. This is my first catastrophic faliure of hardware in 15 years of owning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdobeHelpPlz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help...

I have a feeling my Nvme drive has died but have no way of knowing.

This is my first catastrophic faliure of hardware in 15 years of owning and building PCs. I know them at an above average IT level I would say.

At first I had an "offline error" after re-installing windows from an installation USB but now it gets to the end of the process of "Restart to finish" and after a restart there is nothing that loads. It goes right back to the start of the USB installation.

Asus is doing some weird things too where it is physically impossible to re-format this NVME to start from scratch and have a cleaner testing bed (it is 450GB full out of 500 at the moment with 45ish GB remaining). I created a bootable windows 10 and tried running EaseUS formatting, many different diskpart commands (volumes, discs, and partition clears/deletions) and nothing worked. The NVME always re-built it's previous structure.

sfc scan did nothing
    ("Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations")

chksk c: /r (or chkdsk /R /F /X C: )
    (an unspecified error occurred (636e647863686b2e 532))
    (an unspecified error occurred (6e74667363686b2e 1798))

Someone mentioned that when they fail there is a chance for the NVME firmware to lock itself so you are able to recover some data. This is cool and unfortunatly looking like some sort of function that I am likely encountering. Or ASUS just isn't letting me touch the damn thing.

If anyone has any tips about how to diagnose this through a bootable win 10 usb or win 10 installation usb I'm about to start the return process on this thing and hope that Squaretrade's extended warranty doesn't suck. All signs point to something really messed up. It's just sad because all I was doing was playing games and I've never had this happen with my PC I've had for 10+ years.

Lesson learned, don't get a laptop.
    Appreciate any help or guidance before I send this hunk of junk in.

submitted by /u/AdobeHelpPlz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdobeHelpPlz, Jun 16, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. JanKOPA Win User

Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help...

Asus laptop - out of stock

Hi all!

Im just wondering, if once is product (Asus zephyrus laptop) out of stock and its still showing discounted, its there still chance that microsoft will restock and it will be still on discount?

Thanks

JanKOPA, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help...

1. Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help... - Similar Threads - Bricked Laptop Random

2. BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop: Greetings, I've been having BSOD errors & hard freezes lately on my ASUS Zephyrus laptop AMD CPU. The latest BSOD was for an IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 0x000000d1. Previously I've had a couple of 0x00020001 errors - HYPERVISOR related along with hard freezes where I have...
  3. BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop: Greetings, I've been having BSOD errors & hard freezes lately on my ASUS Zephyrus laptop AMD CPU. The latest BSOD was for an IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 0x000000d1. Previously I've had a couple of 0x00020001 errors - HYPERVISOR related along with hard freezes where I have...
  4. Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset: HelloThis is a brand-new laptop that's just about 2 weeks old, and I have experienced weird freezes mostly when the computer is somewhat idle, i.e., I'm watching something on it. I've never seen it freeze while playing games or while interacting with the device.These are the...
  5. Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset

Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset: HelloThis is a brand-new laptop that's just about 2 weeks old, and I have experienced weird freezes mostly when the computer is somewhat idle, i.e., I'm watching something on it. I've never seen it freeze while playing games or while interacting with the device.These are the...
  6. Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14: Hi, for these past few months, I'm having a constant BSOD issue up to 5 times a day while using.My laptop info attached below DxDiag.I get constant bsod's, black screens, and screen freezes, and it makes it difficult to get any work done.it mainly happens when idle or under...
  7. Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14

Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14: Hi, for these past few months, I'm having a constant BSOD issue up to 5 times a day while using.My laptop info attached below DxDiag.I get constant bsod's, black screens, and screen freezes, and it makes it difficult to get any work done.it mainly happens when idle or under...
  8. Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14 2020: Hello, I am having an issue, well multiple issues with my laptop.i get constant bsod's, black screens, and screen freezes, and it makes it difficult to get any work done.it mainly happens when idle or under low work load like working on music or browsing the internet, when i...
  9. October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop: I am going to TRY to avoid the obvious rant by just saying "Microsoft. Leave my damn computer ALONE!" System working fine on October 1. It is a WORKING system that I use to MAKE MY LIVING. Unfortunately, I was forced into a Windows system becuase the necessary software is...
  10. Asus laptop random bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus laptop random bsod: Hello people I'm getting random BSOD with the error BAD_POOL_HEADER on my laptop. I've noticed BSOD after upgrading my HDD to Sandisk SSD Ultra II 240 GB and when I play bluestacks (I play daily clash of clans on bluestacks) and I get BSOD about every 30 minutes. *Confused...