Windows 10: Bricked Laptop

Discus and support Bricked Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bricked Laptop

Hello,

Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again.

Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then second latest, both times screen fails to load after sign on screen.

Decided to come up in Safe mode, transfer entire C: drive files to external drive.

This is where I'm at...Full stop. I guess I cannot attach an image to this post; screen shows 0 bytes transfer on a file called AppvlsvStream64; about a third of the way into this file transfer attempt.

Thoughts? I appreciate your time and considerations

:)

Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017

2. After Windows 10 PC reset, inaccessible boot device

Nice laptop about 2 years old - reduced to being a brick. ...

small_holder_61, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Another bricked laptop

Windows 10 Install finally gave up trying to boot and restored the previous OS. It returned the following error message:

0xC1900202 - 0x20017

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Does that tell you anything you're able to help me with? I was trying Windows 10 on my old laptop to gauge my experience with it prior to upgrading the rest of the computers I own (there are a few). I don't see how I or anybody can trust Windows 10 if it
    fails on such common hardware.

MurrayLevi, Jan 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Bricked Laptop

NavyLCDR, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Bricked Laptop

1. Bricked Laptop - Similar Threads - Bricked Laptop

2. My laptop bricked after Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried everything possible.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop bricked after Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried everything possible.: (Re-posted from /r/techsupport) I tried everything I could to fix my laptop. My laptop model is Lenovo Legion Y530, and I bought it over a year ago. I updated and installed Windows 10 version 2004 on Friday, it was fine after it restarted, so I did a quick weekly...
  3. Windows feature update 2004 - bricking DELL Latitude laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows feature update 2004 - bricking DELL Latitude laptops: Hi all. We've started deploying the 2004 feature update to our corporate laptops and we've noticed a number of laptops running the update but after another reboot the laptops get stuck at auto repair. I assume if has corrupted the OS, but weirdly not all laptops of the same...
  4. Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop: Hi, I had purchased an Acer Nitro V gaming laptop that came with windows 10 home, installed on a 128 GB M2 SATA SSD. This laptop is not powering up due to a fault in its motherboard or so I was told. I am trying to salvage as much I can from this laptop, since its now a...
  5. Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help...

Bricked Laptop -Random BSOD - Asus Zephyrus S - Reinstall Windows with no luck - ANY Help...: I have a feeling my Nvme drive has died but have no way of knowing. This is my first catastrophic faliure of hardware in 15 years of owning and building PCs. I know them at an above average IT level I would say. At first I had an "offline error" after re-installing windows...
  6. I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do?

I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do?: So, she just contacted me and asked for help. According to her words, something popped up and told her not to turn off her laptop. (I assume this was an update). She waited for five minutes and shut it down without it finishing updating. ( I know. -.-) Now, when she turns...
  7. The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a...

The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheSecretNewbie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gk2s5o/the_newest_update_made_my_laptop_a_brick_and/
  8. Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?

Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?: My Toshiba Satellite laptop completely died before my very eyes this morning. My browser began running slower and slower until the screen just froze. I tried to reboot, but with the frozen display the start menu refused to come up when I clicked the little window icon in the...
  9. Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop

Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop: This is happening to me literally every single time Windows Updates require a restart - whether I choose Update and Shut Down or Update and Restart, my computer shows a black screen and will not come back on. I have to turn the power off repeatedly to get the screen to come...
  10. Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop

Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop: Hi, Basically, I updated windows 10 on Friday night, the laptop restarted automatically to install, and then got stuck in a constant loop trying to boot up with the words ‘attempting to recover installation’ and ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ appearing on the...