Windows 10: Bricked Laptop

Discus and support Bricked Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bricked Laptop

Hello,

Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again.

Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then second latest, both times screen fails to load after sign on screen.

Decided to come up in Safe mode, transfer entire C: drive files to external drive.

This is where I'm at...Full stop. I guess I cannot attach an image to this post; screen shows 0 bytes transfer on a file called AppvlsvStream64; about a third of the way into this file transfer attempt.

Thoughts? I appreciate your time and considerations

:)

Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017

2. After Windows 10 PC reset, inaccessible boot device

Nice laptop about 2 years old - reduced to being a brick. ...

small_holder_61, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Another bricked laptop

Windows 10 Install finally gave up trying to boot and restored the previous OS. It returned the following error message:

0xC1900202 - 0x20017

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Does that tell you anything you're able to help me with? I was trying Windows 10 on my old laptop to gauge my experience with it prior to upgrading the rest of the computers I own (there are a few). I don't see how I or anybody can trust Windows 10 if it
    fails on such common hardware.

MurrayLevi, Jan 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Bricked Laptop

NavyLCDR, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Bricked Laptop

1. Bricked Laptop - Similar Threads - Bricked Laptop

2. Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.: So long story short, I was forced into an update by windows on my laptop. Said update now has stuck me in a boot loop where it resets after flashing up on the screen saying "undoing changes made by windows update". The only thing I can acess is the BIOS. Any help would be...
  3. windows 10 update bricked my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update bricked my laptop: so I'm the kinda person who doesn't like that windows 10 is always sneaking around on my metered internet connection downloading updates with my data that costs me money without my consent but today it got worse.. I bought a new dell laptop with high specs, 16 gigs ram 4...
  4. The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop

The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop: I was just installing the latest Windows updates. They failed, so I tried to run it manually. It asked to restart, which I've done. As a result, I get the ibitial losing screen, followed by a blank screen. I can hear the fan ticking away, but nothing else. I'm on a HP...
  5. Laptop bricked it's windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop bricked it's windows: I have a Lenovo Z70 laptop and it blue screened on boot. Now it takes about 30 mins to boot to desktop and doesn't respond to any input. I tried recovering windows from usb but it did nothing. The error code it throws at me is 0xc0000185 I haven't linked this laptop to...
  6. Purchased Windows 10 Pro. No activation. Now bricked Laptop.

Purchased Windows 10 Pro. No activation. Now bricked Laptop.: I have recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Y530-151CH with windows 10 Home installed. When visiting the Settings UI there was an advertisement to upgrade (from the Store) to Windows 10 Pro. It had buttons, I pressed the accept and was taken to the Store page for this. It was...
  7. Windowss 10 Update has bricked my laptop. I havea no CD drive and no product key

Windowss 10 Update has bricked my laptop. I havea no CD drive and no product key: I have a HP laptop with a small solid state drive (approx. free space 5.8GB). The latest update needed 10GB+ so I followed the instructions and connected an external disk drive via USB. The system has not local CD drive. The upgrade failed after around 3 hours and all...
  8. Latest windows 10 pro update bricked laptop (03/13/19)

Latest windows 10 pro update bricked laptop (03/13/19): I just updated my sager clevo p955er to the latest windows which i assume was release today or yesterday. When the notebook restarted it booted in to windows but nothing worked aside from a few function keys (fn + volume/LCD/SLEEP). Everything aside from those was completely...
  9. Recover files from a bricked laptop

Recover files from a bricked laptop: So, I've using my laptop for my studies for over a couple years now, without using an internet on it at all for about a year. Recently I've connected to the network and it started downloading the updates. Now it's stuck on automatic recovery: pressing continue will restart...
  10. Windows 10 update bricks HP laptop - no Office, Settings, Wifi...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update bricks HP laptop - no Office, Settings, Wifi...: Last week my daughter's laptop initiated a Windows Update. This appeared to OK until the restart, when it entered a loop - “Attempting to recover installation”, “Restoring previous version of Windows” then another reboot attempt ad infinitum. I changed the boot settings and...