Windows 10: Bricked Laptop

Discus and support Bricked Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bricked Laptop

Hello,

Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again.

Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then second latest, both times screen fails to load after sign on screen.

Decided to come up in Safe mode, transfer entire C: drive files to external drive.

This is where I'm at...Full stop. I guess I cannot attach an image to this post; screen shows 0 bytes transfer on a file called AppvlsvStream64; about a third of the way into this file transfer attempt.

Thoughts? I appreciate your time and considerations

:)

Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017

2. After Windows 10 PC reset, inaccessible boot device

Nice laptop about 2 years old - reduced to being a brick. ...

small_holder_61, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Another bricked laptop

Windows 10 Install finally gave up trying to boot and restored the previous OS. It returned the following error message:

0xC1900202 - 0x20017

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Does that tell you anything you're able to help me with? I was trying Windows 10 on my old laptop to gauge my experience with it prior to upgrading the rest of the computers I own (there are a few). I don't see how I or anybody can trust Windows 10 if it
    fails on such common hardware.

MurrayLevi, Jan 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Bricked Laptop

NavyLCDR, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Bricked Laptop

1. Bricked Laptop - Similar Threads - Bricked Laptop

2. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally bricked my laptop.: I accidentally bricked my laptop. It was running slow and taking forever to boot. I went through msconfig several times and got fed-up and unchecked all of the startup services. No all I get is a black screen. I restarted it to the command prompt an was able to start msconfig...
  3. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally bricked my laptop.: I accidentally bricked my laptop. It was running slow and taking forever to boot. I went through msconfig several times and got fed-up and unchecked all of the startup services. No all I get is a black screen. I restarted it to the command prompt an was able to start msconfig...
  4. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?: My laptop has a Nvidia gpu and I want to test the difference in battery usage between using the intel GPU and nvidia. I cannot be bothered to change every app on my laptop to run on my dedicated card and the intel will still be used in the background. Is this possible??...
  6. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?: My laptop has a Nvidia gpu and I want to test the difference in battery usage between using the intel GPU and nvidia. I cannot be bothered to change every app on my laptop to run on my dedicated card and the intel will still be used in the background. Is this possible??...
  7. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 Update from Windows 10 Bricks laptop with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update from Windows 10 Bricks laptop with Bitlocker: I have a laptop that was upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. After the upgrade I get the Bitlocker recovery screen. It was my father-in-law's laptop. He said it never had Bitlocker. Bitlocker key is not present on the Microsoft account. I was going to rebuild the OS from...
  9. Windows 11 Update from Windows 10 Bricks laptop with Bitlocker

Windows 11 Update from Windows 10 Bricks laptop with Bitlocker: I have a laptop that was upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. After the upgrade I get the Bitlocker recovery screen. It was my father-in-law's laptop. He said it never had Bitlocker. Bitlocker key is not present on the Microsoft account. I was going to rebuild the OS from...
  10. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account: This morning when I tired to sign in to my laptop it said I had to re-sign in on windows. I've been having problems with this account telling me to send a confirmation email to a recovery email that I don't have access to anymore. I've tried the account recovery form many...