Windows 10: Bricked Laptop

Discus and support Bricked Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bricked Laptop

Hello,

Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again.

Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then second latest, both times screen fails to load after sign on screen.

Decided to come up in Safe mode, transfer entire C: drive files to external drive.

This is where I'm at...Full stop. I guess I cannot attach an image to this post; screen shows 0 bytes transfer on a file called AppvlsvStream64; about a third of the way into this file transfer attempt.

Thoughts? I appreciate your time and considerations

:)

Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017

2. After Windows 10 PC reset, inaccessible boot device

Nice laptop about 2 years old - reduced to being a brick. ...

small_holder_61, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Another bricked laptop

Windows 10 Install finally gave up trying to boot and restored the previous OS. It returned the following error message:

0xC1900202 - 0x20017

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Does that tell you anything you're able to help me with? I was trying Windows 10 on my old laptop to gauge my experience with it prior to upgrading the rest of the computers I own (there are a few). I don't see how I or anybody can trust Windows 10 if it
    fails on such common hardware.

MurrayLevi, Jan 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Bricked Laptop

NavyLCDR, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Bricked Laptop

1. Bricked Laptop - Similar Threads - Bricked Laptop

2. Brand new laptop bricked in safe mode unable to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop bricked in safe mode unable to login: Hello,Brand new 1 week old Lenovo laptop, windows 11. Office suite Outlook & Word running very slowly and freezing, so I followed advise on the Microsoft website to run the laptop in safe mode to try and identify what is causing the go slow/freezing issue. Once I rebooted in...
  3. Brand new laptop bricked in safe mode unable to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop bricked in safe mode unable to login: Hello,Brand new 1 week old Lenovo laptop, windows 11. Office suite Outlook & Word running very slowly and freezing, so I followed advise on the Microsoft website to run the laptop in safe mode to try and identify what is causing the go slow/freezing issue. Once I rebooted in...
  4. Windows 11 bricked my Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bricked my Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Laptop: I was refusing for months the repeated attempts by Windows to upgrade to Windows 11 and since Windows decided to do it without my consent, my Laptop does not boot and I took it to a technician confirming that the laptop is beyond repair. My laptop has an integrated CPU and it...
  5. Windows 11 bricked my Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Laptop

Windows 11 bricked my Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Laptop: I was refusing for months the repeated attempts by Windows to upgrade to Windows 11 and since Windows decided to do it without my consent, my Laptop does not boot and I took it to a technician confirming that the laptop is beyond repair. My laptop has an integrated CPU and it...
  6. Help! Why Are Microsoft Updates Bricking My Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Why Are Microsoft Updates Bricking My Laptop?: OK, I've been having this issue for a while now and it may have just reached its infuriating peak. Microsoft updates always slow down my laptop when they're due and before they're installed but a recent security update and a separate culmative update aren't going through...
  7. Help! Why Are Microsoft Updates Bricking My Laptop?

Help! Why Are Microsoft Updates Bricking My Laptop?: OK, I've been having this issue for a while now and it may have just reached its infuriating peak. Microsoft updates always slow down my laptop when they're due and before they're installed but a recent security update and a separate culmative update aren't going through...
  8. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally bricked my laptop.: I accidentally bricked my laptop. It was running slow and taking forever to boot. I went through msconfig several times and got fed-up and unchecked all of the startup services. No all I get is a black screen. I restarted it to the command prompt an was able to start msconfig...
  9. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

I accidentally bricked my laptop.: I accidentally bricked my laptop. It was running slow and taking forever to boot. I went through msconfig several times and got fed-up and unchecked all of the startup services. No all I get is a black screen. I restarted it to the command prompt an was able to start msconfig...
  10. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade