Windows 10: Bricked Laptop

Discus and support Bricked Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bricked Laptop

Hello,

Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again.

Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then second latest, both times screen fails to load after sign on screen.

Decided to come up in Safe mode, transfer entire C: drive files to external drive.

This is where I'm at...Full stop. I guess I cannot attach an image to this post; screen shows 0 bytes transfer on a file called AppvlsvStream64; about a third of the way into this file transfer attempt.

Thoughts? I appreciate your time and considerations

:)

Touchstone, Jan 28, 2017

2. After Windows 10 PC reset, inaccessible boot device

Nice laptop about 2 years old - reduced to being a brick. ...

small_holder_61, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Another bricked laptop

Windows 10 Install finally gave up trying to boot and restored the previous OS. It returned the following error message:

0xC1900202 - 0x20017

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Does that tell you anything you're able to help me with? I was trying Windows 10 on my old laptop to gauge my experience with it prior to upgrading the rest of the computers I own (there are a few). I don't see how I or anybody can trust Windows 10 if it
    fails on such common hardware.

MurrayLevi, Jan 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Bricked Laptop

NavyLCDR, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Bricked Laptop

1. Bricked Laptop - Similar Threads - Bricked Laptop

2. Microsoft services disabled and laptop is bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft services disabled and laptop is bricked: So basically a week ago I followed a YouTube tutorial telling me to disable Ms services because my apps wouldn’t open and windows 11 wouldn’t update. Stupidly I followed it now my laptop is bricked. I have no internet I bought a pen drive and usb Ethernet port for internet,...
  3. Microsoft services disabled and laptop is bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft services disabled and laptop is bricked: So basically a week ago I followed a YouTube tutorial telling me to disable Ms services because my apps wouldn’t open and windows 11 wouldn’t update. Stupidly I followed it now my laptop is bricked. I have no internet I bought a pen drive and usb Ethernet port for internet,...
  4. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  5. A windows update brick my laptop

A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  6. msconfig bricked my laptop;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig bricked my laptop;: So I'm selling my relatively new laptop and was performing a normal factory reset. long story short there were some corrupted files and I followed a bad guide and put the laptop into a Diagnostic Setup through msconfig. It reboots and low and behold my fingerprint id isn't...
  7. msconfig bricked my laptop;

msconfig bricked my laptop;: So I'm selling my relatively new laptop and was performing a normal factory reset. long story short there were some corrupted files and I followed a bad guide and put the laptop into a Diagnostic Setup through msconfig. It reboots and low and behold my fingerprint id isn't...
  8. msconfig bricked my laptop;

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. the insistence to install windows 11 during an update has BRICKED my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the insistence to install windows 11 during an update has BRICKED my laptop: The insistence to install windows 11 during an update has BRICKED my laptop. It will NOT boot at all. Very egregious. I spoke with support about this before. The updates keep insisting on installing win 11. My laptop is now dead. How can I get back to win 10 - where I was ??...
  10. the insistence to install windows 11 during an update has BRICKED my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the insistence to install windows 11 during an update has BRICKED my laptop: The insistence to install windows 11 during an update has BRICKED my laptop. It will NOT boot at all. Very egregious. I spoke with support about this before. The updates keep insisting on installing win 11. My laptop is now dead. How can I get back to win 10 - where I was ??...