Windows 10: Bricked pc using driver verifier

Discus and support Bricked pc using driver verifier in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was having some blue screen crashes, and while following one microsoft guide, i was told to use driver verifier to identify the faulty driver. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hook_me_up, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Bricked pc using driver verifier

I was having some blue screen crashes, and while following one microsoft guide, i was told to use driver verifier to identify the faulty driver. I also made a restore point on my main harddrive right before starring the verifier.

Now, the pc crashes on boot and i cant access safe mode in order to turn the verifier off.

The driver that's causing all this is the AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and the error reads "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION"

i am starting to think I should've had the restore point on an usb stick instead of saving in on my now bricked pc.

Is there anything i can do? I have two harddrives installed, what if i unplug the one with windows installed, and reinstall a fresh copy of it on the second harddrive?

submitted by /u/Hook_me_up
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hook_me_up, Jan 6, 2020

2. BSOD - driver verifier log attached

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I see that you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps and I appreciate the efforts that you have taken to resolve the issue. We will try a few troubleshooting steps and see if it helps.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    3. Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the computer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files and drivers are not working as expected. As per the log files it seems that a network driver is a causing this issue.

Let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method 1: Unplug all external devices connected to the PC and restart the computer. Once you are on the desktop screen, suggest you to

update the network driver
    on the computer and check if that helps.

Method 2: If the issue persists, then you may download the latest network drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them.

To uninstall a driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Articles for Reference.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver’.

Driver Verifier’

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 6, 2020
  3. PaulM Win User
    Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

I enabled driver verifier because no dumps were being generated and I expected a driver was the issue. I need a password from IT to uninstall Symantec though, I'll have to see if I can get the password.

PaulM, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Peaj Win User

Bricked pc using driver verifier

Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Update

So the PC went down the same road, became unusable and I wiped it.

Clean install number 6. Clean install 5 was to test if Windows 7 was as unstable as the Windows 10 installs. It was - this made me think it may be a hardware problem or just a really poorly supported motherboard.

Clean install 6 - this time I am being methodical in my steps and testing every step of the way. PC specs are still the same other than a new stick of DDR4. What I have done so far:

• Bought/installed a new stick of DDR4 for testing.
    • Followed Gerrys advice and installed latest BIOS, even though it is in beta it is listed as a stable release.
    • Installed Windows 10
    • Installed Chipset Drivers from Gigabyte website.
    • Installed latest Ethernet drivers (20_7) from Intel website.
    • I have made sure to not connect the PC to the internet and have left the ethernet cable unplugged.
    • Ran Verifier, rebooted with no problems, not that I was expecting there to be any.
    • Installed latest drivers from Nvidia
    • ran Verifier, rebooted, BSOD "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION"
    • booted into safe mode, reset Verifier, rebooted.

So this is where I am at. A completely clean install, and what seems to be problems with Nvidia drivers.

Minidump link if someone could have a look. Minidump is 021216-2203-01

021216-2203-01.7z

So I am not sure what this means. PC seems stable at the moment though there is hardly anything installed on it.

Does Verifier reporting a problem mean that there is one? What should I do from here?

Peaj, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Bricked pc using driver verifier

1. Bricked pc using driver verifier - Similar Threads - Bricked using driver

2. Update bricking pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  3. Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verifier: I performed the driver verifier exactly as listed. Only difference is I had 2 DDI files not 1. The second one said additional. Well it crashed worse. Won't even boot. It did an automatic hardware check& came back clean. Then Dell ran automatic diagnose system. Currently the...
  4. Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier: I performed the driver verifier exactly as listed. Only difference is I had 2 DDI files not 1. The second one said additional. Well it crashed worse. Won't even boot. It did an automatic hardware check& came back clean. Then Dell ran automatic diagnose system. Currently the...
  5. Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update: Hi everyone, I updated the graphics drivers on a new PC this afternoon and upon the next startup the PC was completely bricked. My monitor detects no signal whatsoever, and my keyboard does not light up. I've tried power cycling many times, removing and replacing the GPU and...
  7. Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier: Hello, I've been getting BSODs from time to time (few times a month) randomly while working, so I decided to find out the problem using driver verifier. I had four BSODs so far, all of them before startup. Three I hopefully resolved (twice I uninstalled the software and one...
  8. I used Driver Verifier but there is no driver name listed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I used Driver Verifier but there is no driver name listed: I was getting a lot of BSOD whenever I open my computer first time of the day. I ran driver verifier to check if there is any corrupted drivers or duplicated drivers. When I restart my computer, it entered the BSOD loop with the stop code...
  9. Driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver verifier: Hi, I have recently used driver verifier to try and find if one of my drivers is buggy, however when i get a bsod it still comes up with messages like critical process died, unexpected store exception etc. I havent got any driver verifier stop code, does this mean my bsods...
  10. BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier: My computer has been crashing periodically and I wasn't sure what the problem was. I thought it was either a memory or driver issue. After running memtest and getting no errors, I was suggested to use Driver Verifier thanks to this helpful article...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amdryzenmasterdriver.sys remove