Windows 10: Bricked Toshiba Laptop due to Bios Flash initiated automatically after wakeup!

Discus and support Bricked Toshiba Laptop due to Bios Flash initiated automatically after wakeup! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My PC can't boot since yesterday evening after my BIOS flashed itself automatically. Yesterday, after working for a long time, I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ladken, Apr 1, 2021.

1. ladken Win User

Bricked Toshiba Laptop due to Bios Flash initiated automatically after wakeup!

Hello,

My PC can't boot since yesterday evening after my BIOS flashed itself automatically.

Yesterday, after working for a long time, I decided to "Sleep" my laptop and then folded it. Some hours later, I "Woke" the laptop in order to continue but it entered into the BIOS and started "Flashing" the BIOS without my permission. I left the process to continue uninterrupted and it executed till the end. The laptop didn't restart after then.

-No POST

-No BEEP SOUND

-No HDD LED

-HDD+FAN noise heard

-No Screen Output

-Charging Power LED OK!

Please help!

:)

ladken, Apr 1, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, Apr 1, 2021
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Apr 1, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Bricked Toshiba Laptop due to Bios Flash initiated automatically after wakeup! - Similar Threads - Bricked Toshiba Laptop

2. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account: This morning when I tired to sign in to my laptop it said I had to re-sign in on windows. I've been having problems with this account telling me to send a confirmation email to a recovery email that I don't have access to anymore. I've tried the account recovery form many...
  3. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account: This morning when I tired to sign in to my laptop it said I had to re-sign in on windows. I've been having problems with this account telling me to send a confirmation email to a recovery email that I don't have access to anymore. I've tried the account recovery form many...
  4. My laptop is bricked due to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Toshiba Satellite laptop/Windows 10 initializes a dvd but will not play it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Satellite laptop/Windows 10 initializes a dvd but will not play it.: Bill, I would pay you for an answer. My Toshiba Satellite laptop/Windows 10 initializes a dvd but will not play it. I have tried 50 different "suggestions," none of which work. With a perfectly good dvd drive, why can't I play a dvd movie? THANK YOU...
  6. Toshiba Satellite laptop/Windows 10 initializes a dvd but will not play it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Satellite laptop/Windows 10 initializes a dvd but will not play it.: Bill, I would pay you for an answer. My Toshiba Satellite laptop/Windows 10 initializes a dvd but will not play it. I have tried 50 different "suggestions," none of which work. With a perfectly good dvd drive, why can't I play a dvd movie? THANK YOU...
  7. PC bricks after Bios Update

in Windows 10 Support
    PC bricks after Bios Update: I have an MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi board with a Ryzen 9 3900x Overclocked to 4.47ghz. Main display is on a Gigabyte 2080Ti and the other 2 are on a Radeon RX580. Windows 10 on an nvme m.2 Using MSI Dragon Center to download and install updates will reach 100% and reboot but...
  8. Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop: Hello there I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive. I have recently created both from the laptop and am trying to test them. I am unable to get the laptop to boot into the BIOS menu. I have tried the following:...
  9. Toshiba flash cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba flash cards: Toshiba flash cards is preventing shut down. I cannot find and uninstall Toshiba flash cards because it’s in Toshiba Function Key Main Module. I don’t want to uninstall Toshiba Function Key Main Module, only Toshiba flash cards....
  10. Toshiba BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba BIOS: Dear All, After updating both of my Toshiba laptops when I first boot my laptops they show the Toshiba but I can't press F2 to enter BIOS any ideas Thank you 21319