Windows 10: bridging gateway

Discus and support bridging gateway in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a gateway with Xfinity written on it by Comcast. if I click on "bridge" and disable wireless can I then install my Belkin N 300? If so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maranna, Aug 15, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

bridging gateway

Hello
    I have a gateway with Xfinity written on it by Comcast. if I click on "bridge" and disable wireless can I then install my Belkin N 300?
    If so I assume I must change the password in my WiFi devices like my laptop and phone?
    I am trying to gain a bit more security and speed instead of their gateway.
    Is there anything else and is it a wise move? I assume the reverse is obvious if it doesn't work out. I hpe I do not need a signal from comcast or am doing something illegal.
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Aug 15, 2015

2. No connectivity to the internet, error message "The internet between your router, or modem is broken."

I used every troubleshooter you said before I asked for help. My desktop that was working on the connected network was working fine till the laptop tried to use the bridged connection for Internet instead of the wifi. Unless it's supposed to do that. The
    hosting laptop will not show a local area connection either for me to bridge. So I bridged my wifi to the Ethernet port and manually typed the IP address and DNS server and default gateway. But then the default gateway in my command prompt disappeared and
    changed the IP address and the DNS server on the hosting laptop.

funplay321, Aug 15, 2015
  3. pax418 Win User
    Windows 10 update error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later" error code: 0x8024402f

For those that use Comcast I discovered that having a Comcast gateway/modem/router set to bridge mode was causing Defender and Update to fail. Once I reset the Comcast gateway to the default mode updates started flowing again.

pax418, Aug 15, 2015
  4. maranna Win User

bridging gateway

If this will help anyone,I successfully installed my router instead of the gateway router by Comcast.
    Click to enable bridging then plug the printer, PC ethernet cable and an ethernet cable from gateway #1 port to the top port of your router. Then instead of 10.0.0.1 use 192.168.2.1[or ping your address- ipconfig] and use your router. Use WPA2 etc. and a password and key(written down). If I can be of help let me know and I hope this helps.
    This way noone will snoop on you.

maranna, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

bridging gateway

1. bridging gateway - Similar Threads - bridging gateway

2. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  3. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  4. Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...: Tried to bridge the connection between my Wireless Wifi and ethernet. All of a sudden my ethernet status goes down and now says "network cable unplugged", even though its not. Ethernet cable is brand new too. Motherboard is a ASUS Tuf B760M Wifi DDR5...
  5. Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...

Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...: Tried to bridge the connection between my Wireless Wifi and ethernet. All of a sudden my ethernet status goes down and now says "network cable unplugged", even though its not. Ethernet cable is brand new too. Motherboard is a ASUS Tuf B760M Wifi DDR5...
  6. Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.: I recently built a new pc tower which has included a Thunderbolt EX 4 card. earlier today I found out that by configuring a Thunderbolt bridge between my Macbook and my pc that I could share files across both of them, which was really cool and useful.However, after I...
  7. Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.

Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.: I recently built a new pc tower which has included a Thunderbolt EX 4 card. earlier today I found out that by configuring a Thunderbolt bridge between my Macbook and my pc that I could share files across both of them, which was really cool and useful.However, after I...
  8. Adobe Lightroom and Bridge both open command prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Lightroom and Bridge both open command prompts: So I'm seeing both the mentioned programs open and close command prompt windows in a flash before closing them without anything actually happening. This seems, presently, to only happen when asking either program to show a file in Windows Explorer. Happening on a new Pc with...
  9. Adobe Lightroom and Bridge both open command prompts

Adobe Lightroom and Bridge both open command prompts: So I'm seeing both the mentioned programs open and close command prompt windows in a flash before closing them without anything actually happening. This seems, presently, to only happen when asking either program to show a file in Windows Explorer. Happening on a new Pc with...
  10. Bridge two networks on windows

Bridge two networks on windows: Closed. This question is off-topic. It is not currently accepting answers.Hi I wonna ask if I have an ethernet network with an ehtenet NIC and access on internet and another wifi extended network with its wifi nic on a seperate network, if i bridge together the networks on...