Windows 10: Bridging Setup for Internet

Discus and support Bridging Setup for Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a machine that needs to be able to see all other Local computers and also use the internet. My other local computers are on a LAN that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Catherine Adsett, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Bridging Setup for Internet

I have a machine that needs to be able to see all other Local computers and also use the internet. My other local computers are on a LAN that can access the internet but they are on a slower broadband then my other router.

I would like my machine to be on the LAN but use the internet from the other Ethernet, would bridging do this?

Thanks

:)

Catherine Adsett, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Apr 14, 2021
  3. AshAlwis Win User
    Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge

Hi all,

My requirement: Share WiFi internet on my laptop to my desktop via Ethernet cable (both Windows 10).

Current method: Network Bridge in Win 10.

Problem: I can get internet access on desktop via above method but after a random time period, the WiFi adapter on laptop gets disabled
    and in turn, both computers lose internet access.

Temporary solution: I have to restart the laptop and manually reconnect to the WiFi in order to restore internet access on both computers.

Steps I followed to setup the Network Bridge:

– Connect laptop to WiFi

– Connect desktop to laptop via Ethernet cable

– Select Ethernet and WiFi adapter on laptop and create Network Bridge

– After bridge is created, the WiFi connection drops so I just have to manually reconnect to WiFi (internet access re-gained on laptop now)

– The desktop does not automatically get internet so I have to use "Troubleshoot problems". It detects DHCP is disabled and gives me option
    to enable it as ADMIN. After selecting yes, desktop will get internet access

– Internet works perfectly on laptop and desktop until both devices lose internet access when laptop WiFi gets disabled automatically. This
    could happen randomly within 10 minutes or even after an hour (no specific timer)

I've disabled the "turn off WiFi adapter when idle to save power" feature but it made no difference.

I used this method an year ago and internet worked perfectly for online gaming. It would never dropout or very rarely.

But over the past many months, its gotten worse and usually drops out in less than 30 minutes. Yesterday it lasted around 50 minutes

No issues at all while the laptop is connected only to the WiFi (bridge deleted). I've left it idle for hours.

I have gone through many threads/forums but couldn't find a solution to maintain a stable internet connection while using Network Bridge.

Please advise if my Network Bridge is missing adequate configuration or how to correctly set it up for this purpose.

You may suggest alternate solutions on how to share internet over Ethernet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

AshAlwis, Apr 14, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Bridging Setup for Internet

Adobe Bridge: cannot set as default in Settings Menu

Adobe Bridge is actually a Photo Organizer, it is not designed for single image viewer so if you want to set it as default to open every time you double click a .jpg/.png. Bridge will open the whole folder containing the .jpg/.png that you selected. If this is what you want then try the followings:
    1. Right click on the .jpg ->Open With->Choose another App
    2. If Bridge is on the list. Hi-lite it and put a check mark on: "Always use this app to open .jpg file". If not go to step 3
    3. If Bridge is not on the list scroll to the bottom then select then click on "More Apps"
    4. If Bridge is still not on the list then scroll to bottom again and select "Look for another App on this PC"
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====>64bit
      Or: C:\Program Files (X86)\Adbode\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====> 32bit
      then put a check mark on "Always use this app to open .jpg file"
    6. Do the same for .png file.

topgundcp, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Bridging Setup for Internet

1. Bridging Setup for Internet - Similar Threads - Bridging Setup Internet

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  4. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hotspot using bridged internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot using bridged internet connection: Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to...
  6. hotspot using bridged internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot using bridged internet connection: Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to...
  7. hotspot using bridged internet connection

8. Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge

Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge: Hi all, My requirement: Share WiFi internet on my laptop to my desktop via Ethernet cable both Windows 10. Current method: Network Bridge in Win 10. Problem: I can get internet access on desktop via above method but after a random time period, the WiFi adapter on...
  9. Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection

Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection: Hello all, I recently moved in to my university's apartment complex and I'm having issues with network-bridging. My desktop is connected to the apartment's WAP with an ethernet cable. I use a usb-ethernet adapter and crossover cable to connect my desktop to my laptop....
  10. Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge

Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge: Hi I have a server that I has a shared drive I would like to access on my PC. I have my server and my PC connected to the same router by Ethernet, but this router does not have internet access. My PC is also connected to a router with internet access via a WiFi adapter. In...