Windows 10: Brief program(s) freeze when saving/opening/attaching files

Discus and support Brief program(s) freeze when saving/opening/attaching files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whether it be Firefox, Outlook, Photoshop, Excel, etc nearly every time I try to save/open/attach a file on local drive, that program kinda freezes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jackjones, Jul 20, 2016.

1. jackjones Win User

Brief program(s) freeze when saving/opening/attaching files

Whether it be Firefox, Outlook, Photoshop, Excel, etc nearly every time I try to save/open/attach a file on local drive, that program kinda freezes for a brief period of time. I dont understand why and dont know how to troubleshoot it.

:)

jackjones, Jul 20, 2016

2. Programs briefly freeze when saving, attaching, & sometimes opening files

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

• Were you able to login to a different user account to test if the issue persists?

Further, you may boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party program or service is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 20, 2016
  3. CFJ11 Win User
    Programs briefly freeze when saving, attaching, & sometimes opening files

I haven't installed anything new or made any changes that I know of that would've caused this. I will try going to another user later tonight. I don't have an antivirus so that shouldn't be it

CFJ11, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Brief program(s) freeze when saving/opening/attaching files

I have the same issue and I have not been able to find a solution. I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    All applications freeze close to a minute every time they open the file browser to save, open, browse, download or uplaod files.

This solution may work though

Solved Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive? - Windows 10 Forums

medalomismo, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

Brief program(s) freeze when saving/opening/attaching files

1. Brief program(s) freeze when saving/opening/attaching files - Similar Threads - Brief program freeze

2. Computer brief freeze and game crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer brief freeze and game crash: When i play The binding of isaac: repantance my computer can randomly freeze with the audio still playing and after a couple of seconds the audio stops and then the computer unfreezes with the game closed, any fixes?Logs:Faulting application name: isaac-ng.exe, version:...
  3. Can't open attached files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open attached files: Hello everyone, I'm totally new to this and need help. I've recently been upgraded to Windows 10 and really struggling. find that I can't open files attached to my emails. I had this problem and tried to get Adobe DC but I had to pay a monthly fee as I remember. Is...
  4. Saving attachment groups files by dates

in Browsers and Email
    Saving attachment groups files by dates: I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups. e.g. [img] I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that...
  5. File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    File View Not Showing When Saving Attachments or Documents: Forgive me as I am not an IT wiz. I am having an issue that has popped up when I am trying to save a document. When I click Save As, this is the view that I am getting. Previously, I could see files, folder and icons, now I can only select the folder etc I want by going...
  6. Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.

Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.: I need your assistance in solving a problem I am having using my Laptop. I have started having some strange occurrences happening on my computer and am looking to get some help. Without any notice, I am no longer able to attach files to WhatsApp, nor able to save images or...
  7. browser freezes when attaching excel file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser freezes when attaching excel file: no matter which browser I use it freezes when I open an excel file to attach to an email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-freezes-when-attaching-excel-file/499bc624-8794-4938-9ef2-7409d76fc6b0
  8. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...: how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is not legible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-change-the-program-that-opens-attached/475e59b9-6192-4fd7-aa4a-61566b93185c
  9. Computer Freezing When Attaching a File - FIle Picker UI Not Responding

Computer Freezing When Attaching a File - FIle Picker UI Not Responding: My computer is freezing up when traying to attach a document on Office365, Gmail, and Edge. On 365, the error 'file picker ui not responding' is being displayed. I have had no problems with this as of last week. Does anyone what is going on or how I could fix this? Thanks....
  10. Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.: The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks....