Windows 10: briefcase alternatives for creator

Discus and support briefcase alternatives for creator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been usinig briefcase for years. No cloud access at work. Thumbdrive is the solution. No longer works with Creator update. Wondering what people are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wbajr, Jun 12, 2017.

1. wbajr Win User

briefcase alternatives for creator

Been usinig briefcase for years. No cloud access at work. Thumbdrive is the solution. No longer works with Creator update. Wondering what people are using [if anything] with Creator. Please point me in the right direction.
    Creator update was quite smooth. Had to abandon it and halt updates over the briefcase issue.
    TIA

- tbc

:)

wbajr, Jun 12, 2017

2. Windows "Briefcase"

I have used Windows Briefcases as a simple means of data portability between computers and as a secondary way to backup personal files, such as financial and medical files, to encrypted external USB and Firewire devices.

For me, old Briefcases have worked on XP, Vista, 8, 8.1, and 10, until now. The Windows 10 update to 1703 no longer provides Briefcase functionality of any sort. Previously, Windows 10 synched ("updated") old Briefcases but would not create new ones.
    Now, with 1703, it won't "update" (sync) existing Briefcases.

I am aware of alternative methods and tools to Briefcase, and in other circumstances I've used some of them. None were as completely simple as Briefcase used in conjunction with encrypted external devices. I am baffled why Microsoft would remove this low-overhead,
    built-in functionality, forcing people like me with long Microsoft operating system and Office experience into engineering a new set of methods for portable, synchronised datasets on removable, encrypted devices.

Thanks for the Community post on registry hacks for Briefcase. I don't anticipate this will restore all the missing Briefcase functionality on the so-called Creators Update 1703, and I view registry hacks as something to avoid if at all possible.

The best solution would be for Microsoft to restore the Briefcase functionality via a supported update immediately to support legacy Briefcase users, as well as anyone else who would benefit from this dead simple tool.

In the meantime, does anyone have guidance on how to get existing, legacy Briefcases to sync on Windows 10 1703?

Iorek_Byrnison, Jun 12, 2017
  3. Briefcase and Windows 10

Has anyone noticed that with the latest update to Windows 10 (1703) that the fix that re-activated briefcase in windows 10 no longer works? Has anyone addressed this? I think it is Microsoft's intention to completely remove the Briefcase function. I
    have found no suitable alternative for Briefcase. I am now forced to use the unsatisfactory Windows Backup to try to carry and update folders with a large number of files. This is really aggravating and disappointing. The fix for this worked with the (1607)
    version, but does not work with the (1703) version. Did Microsoft remove the ability to activate Briefcase with the latest update?

Hello Miles, Jun 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, sorry your briefcase was stolen. *chuckle

I suggest the following with no guarantee as to whether it works (I can't try it in the CU as I use the AU).
    The relevant reg file is provided as a zipped download.
    Further, if it works now, there's no guarantee it would continue to do so in future builds.

How to add the Briefcase feature in Windows 10 - Winaero

Add Briefcase to New Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Confirms

dalchina, Jun 12, 2017
Thema:

1. briefcase alternatives for creator - Similar Threads - briefcase alternatives creator

2. Windows 7 Briefcase Alternative

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Briefcase Alternative: Does anyone know of a Windows 7 briefcase alternative (for Windows 10) that operates exactly the same? I am not sure that I can sufficiently explain why it worked so well for my specific application, but the ability to sync individual files across multiple users and computers...
  3. Windows "Briefcase"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows "Briefcase": Is there any way of getting the briefcase feature back in windows 10? as it was very useful and much preferred over using any online cloud synchronisation systems. I do not understand why this feature has been removed, it feels like a step backwards when features like this...
  4. briefcase for windows 10

briefcase for windows 10: I really would like to get briefcase on my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/briefcase-for-windows-10/09b0bc97-b726-43b0-8ec8-cf7ffb3c0a3f
  5. Briefcase in windows 10

Briefcase in windows 10: Hi team, well i would just like to request you to pls let me know how to use briefcase option in windows 10. its very useful for me its trust worthy for me while working so long. kind to the needful. thanks and regards. window user...
  6. Briefcase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Briefcase: HOw do you get the Briefcase back! That's all I want. PLease. Just the Briefcase. Makes it so much easier to store files for me. I have just reinstalled Windows 10 within the Last 4-6 months. Is their any way I can get the Briefcase feature back in the filing...
  7. Add Briefcase to Windows 10

Add Briefcase to Windows 10: How can I add the Briefcase feature to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-briefcase-to-windows-10/513d5295-d82f-425b-bfb8-eee52a5a0c20"
  8. briefcase

briefcase: I have tried the video to add briefcase to the reg but still not working. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/briefcase/70c3e7f8-f53b-4ce2-8507-e317e299a9f1"
  9. BriefCase

BriefCase: I do a lot of moving around so I use a USB drive to carry some of my folders with me. From past experience I used the "Briefcase folder" As I was looking to synchronize my USB Drive with my computer that is a windows 10 operating system with an intel core processor I5 , I...
  10. Windows Briefcase Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Briefcase Feature: While there are many ways to sync files in Windows 10, some may be accustomed to Windows Briefcase Feature. Personally I've never used it, but, if you wish to restore, (or remove), the feature, copy the following code(s) into Notepad and save as a .reg file. Restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. briefcase alternative for windows 10