Windows 10: Bright White Background and Other Difficulties

Discus and support Bright White Background and Other Difficulties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. The upgrade went smoothly. But is it my imagination, or is everything now sitting on a brilliant white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sirram, Aug 3, 2015.

1. sirram Win User

Bright White Background and Other Difficulties

I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. The upgrade went smoothly. But is it my imagination, or is everything now sitting on a brilliant white background? I'm getting eye-strain.

Also, the new web browser (Edge, is it called?) has a vertical scroll bar that is impossibly narrow. Is there a way of widening it? And why are the arrows at the top and bottom of the vertical scroll bar so tiny now? Can I return them to normal size?

Ditto the icons on my Task Bar. Windows 10 has shrunk them to about 50% of their previous size. How can I undo that?

Yours, a new eye-strain sufferer!

:)

sirram, Aug 3, 2015
  2. za_mhz Win User

image retention(burn in)

Also, I only see the marks on a dark grey almost black background. No marks can be seen on a white background or other bright colors

za_mhz, Aug 3, 2015
  3. reading an email hurts my eyes

There's no option that lets you manipulate the background color of emails, but you can go to Settings > brightness > and change the setting there to low, medium or high. If you change the setting to low, the white background will not be so bright and
    you'll save battery life too, but it might make other screens in other applications too dim.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Bright White Background and Other Difficulties

1. Bright White Background and Other Difficulties - Similar Threads - Bright White Background

2. CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE: I HAVE SCANNED IN SOME OLD DOCUMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND FROM FADED TAN TO WHITE. HOW DO I DO IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-background-to-white/0eec65e3-e019-4a50-aded-24668a039b7e"
  3. Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text: Good Evening! I just updated to Windows 10 Version 1903. Everything works great and no problems, except for this. I have had dark mode enabled for a while now and love it. However, after the update, the save file dialogue box that pops up when I need to save something...
  4. Blue desktop background with white dots

Blue desktop background with white dots: [ATTACH]Hello guys, have anyone faced this problem before? I tried the troobleshooting that was suggested through the "System Configuration> Services> Disable All" But it did not solve the problem. this also has a different effect on the laptop, which is the sound that...
  5. Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds

Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds: Hello! I'm having some difficulty changing my lock and login screens backgrounds. Recently, I created my own theme using various free backgrounds I found online. When I set the theme as my background it worked fine. I have also set that theme as my lock screen and that...
  6. white background on windows photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white background on windows photo: my background screen on windows 10 photos has turned white, how can I make it revert to black ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-background-on-windows-photo/15ff2e64-9d30-46a0-abc5-5a54bd263150
  7. problem on a few menus - white text on white background

in Windows 10 Support
    problem on a few menus - white text on white background: G'day all. I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly. I also noticed this same thing...
  8. Windows Apps Icons with white background

Windows Apps Icons with white background: Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3). While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App...
  9. Like 10 but that white background!

Like 10 but that white background!: OK upgrade Install of 10 went kind of OK but I do hate the white background in explorer. I've seen others hate this as well. Any fixes as yet? 11693
  10. Title Bar goes white is background

Title Bar goes white is background: Hello you all, this is my first post here so sorry if I violate etiquette. I just upgraded and have been tweaking my windows 10, but I have one nagging problem (a few, actually but lets address this one 1st). I have a dark grey theme set for my accent color and that...