Windows 10: Bright White Background and Other Difficulties

Discus and support Bright White Background and Other Difficulties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. The upgrade went smoothly. But is it my imagination, or is everything now sitting on a brilliant white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sirram, Aug 3, 2015.

1. sirram Win User

Bright White Background and Other Difficulties

I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. The upgrade went smoothly. But is it my imagination, or is everything now sitting on a brilliant white background? I'm getting eye-strain.

Also, the new web browser (Edge, is it called?) has a vertical scroll bar that is impossibly narrow. Is there a way of widening it? And why are the arrows at the top and bottom of the vertical scroll bar so tiny now? Can I return them to normal size?

Ditto the icons on my Task Bar. Windows 10 has shrunk them to about 50% of their previous size. How can I undo that?

Yours, a new eye-strain sufferer!

:)

sirram, Aug 3, 2015
  2. za_mhz Win User

image retention(burn in)

Also, I only see the marks on a dark grey almost black background. No marks can be seen on a white background or other bright colors

za_mhz, Aug 3, 2015
  3. reading an email hurts my eyes

There's no option that lets you manipulate the background color of emails, but you can go to Settings > brightness > and change the setting there to low, medium or high. If you change the setting to low, the white background will not be so bright and
    you'll save battery life too, but it might make other screens in other applications too dim.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Bright White Background and Other Difficulties

1. Bright White Background and Other Difficulties - Similar Threads - Bright White Background

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  4. Fix for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like...: for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like Malwarebytes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-cannot-read-script-due-to-too-white-bright/6f1a5edb-9049-4d21-9a65-8dc60c1704fe
  5. Fix for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like...: for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like Malwarebytes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-cannot-read-script-due-to-too-white-bright/6f1a5edb-9049-4d21-9a65-8dc60c1704fe
  6. Fix for cannot read script due to too white bright background in other programs like...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. White backgrounds increases brightness slowly, dark backgrounds lower brightness

White backgrounds increases brightness slowly, dark backgrounds lower brightness: As of yesterday, my HP EliteBook 840 G6 laptop started to exhibit the same undesirable fluctation of brightness tha my Acer laptop does. Since I never saw this on the EliteBook before, it must be a Windows update occuring 2021-06-13 unluck 13. I tried to follow the...
  8. Background white

Background white: Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ? 143319
  9. CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE: I HAVE SCANNED IN SOME OLD DOCUMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND FROM FADED TAN TO WHITE. HOW DO I DO IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-background-to-white/0eec65e3-e019-4a50-aded-24668a039b7e"
  10. Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds

Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds: Hello! I'm having some difficulty changing my lock and login screens backgrounds. Recently, I created my own theme using various free backgrounds I found online. When I set the theme as my background it worked fine. I have also set that theme as my lock screen and that...