Windows 10: Brighter display with mouse and keyboard plugged in

Discus and support Brighter display with mouse and keyboard plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an RX 480 and recently, I've been having some display problems. The screen looks too bright or milky, even though I haven't altered any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phoenxi11, Jun 10, 2017.

1. phoenxi11 Win User

Brighter display with mouse and keyboard plugged in

I have an RX 480 and recently, I've been having some display problems. The screen looks too bright or milky, even though I haven't altered any brightness settings on my monitor or in the driver. When I go into a game or change any display settings, the brightness disappears, but returns when I reboot. I've removed the drivers completely, reinstalled them and everything, but the problem still persists. I know it's not a GPU problem because the games look great, there's no texture problems and isn't affected by the brightness problem when I'm on my desktop. I'm beginning to think the latest AMD driver is the problem, but when I'm in games everything is fine.

Another strange thing is that when I have my USB keyboard and mouse plugged in, the brightness is there and my boot times are considerably slow. Without the keyboard and mouse plugged in, I get no brightness and my boot times are blazing fast.

I came across this issue when my keyboard light began to randomly flash, but it isn't faulty because I tried another keyboard and still the same problem. My current keyboard hasn't had any problems since that flashing happened. I can't see it being a faulty USB port because I've tried other devices and they work fine. I've never come across such an issue before.

My RGB settings are all fine and I've turned off adaptive brightness. I still have the same problem.

Brighter display with mouse and keyboard plugged in [​IMG]

Brighter display with mouse and keyboard plugged in [​IMG]

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

:)

phoenxi11, Jun 10, 2017

2. Display brightness

My display brightness is dimmer on battery power than it is when my PC is charging, I want it to be brighter on both, battery power AND Plug.

MayaKhaled, Jun 10, 2017
  3. aet419 Win User
    E72 Light sensor

when it detect enough light, it dim keyboard light and brighter screen light. When it detect less light, it dim screen and brighter keyboard light.

aet419, Jun 10, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Check whether you are using the latest Intel Chipset & storage drivers (includes USB) and not the Microsoft generic USB drivers See the Tenforums Drivers and Hardware sticky threads.

Fafhrd, Jun 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Brighter display with mouse and keyboard plugged in - Similar Threads - Brighter display mouse

2. No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on: Hello everyone, i asambled new pc 5 months ago. And everything worked fine until a few days ago, i was watching a movie online when my screen turned black and after a few seconds mouse and keyboard shut down too. And vga light is on, all rgb is working fans are spinning. I...
  3. PC WORKING but DISPLAY and KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DOESN’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC WORKING but DISPLAY and KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DOESN’t: Ok so i opened my pc to check does it have dust and i cleaned it a little bit and when i closed it and started it my display didn’t work and mouse and keyboard didn’t light up RGB Works usually and now my display and nothing works but pc works normally RAM is working and gpu...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard Disconnecting when Network Adapter is Plugged In

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard Disconnecting when Network Adapter is Plugged In: Hi Good day! I have been trying to fix this but havent found any help so when i plug in my network adapter my mouse and keyboard just turn off quickly i already opened device manager and turned off the auto close the mouse and keyboard for saving energy and also did edi the...
  5. Microsoft BTLE Keyboard and Mouse freezes when not plugged in

Microsoft BTLE Keyboard and Mouse freezes when not plugged in: Hello, I am using Microsoft Modern Fingerprint ID keyboard and Microsoft Surface Precision mouse. Both devices keep on freezing on Bluetooth, but plugging in the cable to either one of them fixes the problem for the next 5min. I already tried to remove Bluetooth drivers...
  6. Wireless keyboard and mouse issues in dual display

Wireless keyboard and mouse issues in dual display: Onboard display card intel 4600 has VGA and HDMI output connections. When I plug one single monitor to one of these connections directly to VGA or via VGA-HDMI adapter, I have no problems. When using 2 monitors, my MS wireless keyboard ramdomly but often turns vey slow I...
  7. Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing

Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing: I have a problem when I am trying to access an app or, while in an app where the mouse pointer will freeze and then after a few seconds will begin to move according to what ever moves I had done while it was frozen. Using the buttons on the mouse will also freeze then after...
  8. change wireless keyboard & mouse to a plug in one

change wireless keyboard & mouse to a plug in one: my pavilion all in one came with a wireless mouse & keyboard how do I change it out for a connected mouse & keyboard? I don't particularly care for the wireless environment....
  9. Mouse pointer: how to make it brighter

Mouse pointer: how to make it brighter: Mouse pointer: how to make it brighter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-how-to-make-it-brighter/8e9cc8e9-2567-4706-aa22-f670f909a8b6
  10. Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display

Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display: Hi, Since a few weeks I experience freezing of keyboard, mouse and display after approximately 2 hours of problem free usage. Have to switch of the pc power off and restart the system. Event viewer shows no sign at all of what could have caused the freezing - no event at...