Windows 10: Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3and F4...

Discus and support Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3and F4... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3 and F4 doesn't work anymore. The latest update which should ease my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MosesfromPH, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3and F4...

Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3 and F4 doesn't work anymore.

The latest update which should ease my experience using windows is actually giving me a hard time with the brightness of my PC at full. It hurts my eyes, wastes energy, and definitely an inconvenience to me. Now I know how windows doesn't care about customers, they just do whatever they want with updates disregarding the needs and satisfaction of their consumers. And also drivers went missing on my PC, option on windows update is not accessible anymore. I already went to see their website for help but it seems that they themselves aren't aware of this problem. Lastly please provide us consumers a number that we can actually reach, it is impossible to contact the number you provided to us here in the Philippines.

:)

MosesfromPH, Mar 10, 2020

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 10, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3and F4...

Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3and F4...

1. Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3and F4... - Similar Threads - Brightness adjustment installed

2. shortcut key adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shortcut key adjust brightness: Hello,so recently i just bought a wired keyboard for my laptop.but the problem is the keyboard does not have a shortcut key to adjust brightness like my built-in keyboard laptop.Does any of you guys have a solution for this to make my wired keyboard got shortcut key for...
  3. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  4. Adjust brightness

Adjust brightness: Hey I have the same monitor as you, as well as the same problem. I was just curious if you ended up figuring out the issue. I have looked up everything and even as you did find a visual down loader for brightness & I have had the same results. Get back to me on the question...
  5. Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3 and F4...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3 and F4...: Brightness adjustment: after I installed the latest update the brightness keys F3 and F4 doesn't work anymore. The latest update which should ease my experience using windows is actually giving me a hard time with the brightness of my PC at full. It hurts my eyes, wastes...
  6. brightness, how to adjust the brightness?

brightness, how to adjust the brightness?: Idk much about windows 10 help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-how-to-adjust-the-brightness/935b0821-c6fd-4be6-b4f6-121976c88282
  7. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  8. Adjusting the Brightness

Adjusting the Brightness: Hi, I am trying to find a way to adjust the brightness, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I also can't find the brightness slider where it should be (according to google search)....
  9. No brightness adjustment

No brightness adjustment: My laptop just updated and now there isn't a way to adjust the brightness. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-brightness-adjustment/ef0a1ba1-056c-430e-9793-7ce72f5eabf9
  10. Adjust brightness?

Adjust brightness?: I find the white of the win 10 windows just easy to bright, especially late are night. I don't wanna reduce my monitors brightness cos i have to up it again after to pay my xbox.is there a brightness setting? 31910