Windows 10: Brightness adjustment Fn keys have stopped working on a HP Pavilion dm1-4125sa

Discus and support Brightness adjustment Fn keys have stopped working on a HP Pavilion dm1-4125sa in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This question has been asked and standard troubleshooting has not worked. I have used System Restore to successfully rewind the computer to the 8th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Myron.S, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Myron.S Win User

Brightness adjustment Fn keys have stopped working on a HP Pavilion dm1-4125sa

This question has been asked and standard troubleshooting has not worked. I have used System Restore to successfully rewind the computer to the 8th October where the the brightness adjustment keys on the F2 and F3 keys did work, then allowing Windows 10 re-install updates that were removed.

OS Version: 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC
    System Type: x64-based PC
    Processors: 1 Processors Installed.
    [01]: AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1320 Mhz
    BIOS Version: Hewlett-Packard F.17, 29/10/2012

What I did do was update the BIOS from F.11 to F.17 as the Bluetooth hardware kept on mysteriously vanishing on power-up as if it did not exist in the computer, which the BIOS update appears to have fixed, but now I have the brightness control keys on the keyboard stop working on a known configuration of Windows 10, where it once did work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Myron.S, Oct 17, 2020

2. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, Oct 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Oct 17, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Brightness adjustment Fn keys have stopped working on a HP Pavilion dm1-4125sa - Similar Threads - Brightness adjustment keys

2. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  3. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?: I have an HP notebook running the latest windows 10. My volume/brightness keys used to work fine but now they have switched with the fn keys. I went into BIOS and turned off action keys, but that didn't do anything. I do not have a fn lock key on my keyboard, and I've tried...
  6. Display Adjustments in general not working on HP Pavilion dv7Notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Adjustments in general not working on HP Pavilion dv7Notebook: Recently I have been having issues getting any adjustments for my display in general to work. This includes display brightness and night light. I have updated my monitor drivers and have tried multiple troubleshooting methods and none and seemed to work. I started having this...
  7. Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?: Hi all, I’m coming from Apple, and now own an Alienware M15 R2 with windows 10. I’m wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the individual brightness control keys and volume control keys to adjust without having to hold “fn” at the same time? Thanks! submitted by...
  8. fn keys for brightness

fn keys for brightness: hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not). which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful....
  9. HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore

HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore: I use an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. I few days ago, the brightness adjust buttons on the keyboard simply stopped doing anything. I contacted HP through chat and spent 2 hours watching the Rep manipulate my screen remotely with no effect. I assume that I accidentally...
  10. Brightness adjust stopped working

Brightness adjust stopped working: I cannot adjust brightness on my PC. At first when I restart my PC, it works. But when I wake it from the sleeping mode, it isn’t working. I have all the graphic drivers installed. and turned off the auto brightness. I reckon this issue started from the last Windows update....