Windows 10: Brightness and all other function keys not working

Discus and support Brightness and all other function keys not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'd done with dislplay drivers update as well as Microsoft basic display drivers still functions key are not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anuj_shikari, May 17, 2020.

1. Brightness and all other function keys not working

Hi,

I'd done with dislplay drivers update as well as Microsoft basic display drivers still functions key are not working

:)

Anuj_shikari, May 17, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, May 17, 2020
  3. marsstars Win User
    Brightness function keys not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that my brightness function keys are not working properly; brightness is at the highest setting and does not dim when I click on function keys. I currently am using a VAIO VPCYB35KX Model. I've attempted
    most of the suggestions regarding this issue, however, I have had no success.

I appreciate your advice and welcome all suggestions.

Thank You!

marsstars, May 17, 2020
  4. Brightness and all other function keys not working

Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Brightness and all other function keys not working

1. Brightness and all other function keys not working - Similar Threads - Brightness function keys

2. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  3. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  4. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10: I updated my Hp 1050G1 laptop using windows update for Windows 10 now the function keys for brightness are not working. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-function-keys-not-working-in-windows-10/a6edd8e4-4b00-4fb9-a3a0-d4a6788fb61c
  5. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10: I updated my Hp 1050G1 laptop using windows update for Windows 10 now the function keys for brightness are not working. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-function-keys-not-working-in-windows-10/a6edd8e4-4b00-4fb9-a3a0-d4a6788fb61c
  6. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

7. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...: With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that I don't need to report it, but even after 3 builds I'm having this issue hence reporting.Whenever I'm pressing my volume keys...
  8. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...: With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that I don't need to report it, but even after 3 builds I'm having this issue hence reporting.Whenever I'm pressing my volume keys...
  9. brightness key working but not performing the required function

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness key working but not performing the required function: Hello, I have an HP Ultrabook 820 G3. Its brightness keys are located at F5 and F6 but both are working but not performing their brightness increase/decrease functions. At the home page, the brightness keys scroll through the apps located at the taskbar but do not increase...
  10. Brightness Function Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness Function Keys Not Working: After updating my laptop to the April 2018 update, I lost several functions to my funtion keys, which includes Ambient light, Battery settings, Project settings, Muting microphone, and most importantly the Brightness settings. How do I fix this so I can use my function keys...