Windows 10: Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

Discus and support Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series and it had already the windows 10 since manufactured and it was working fine until the last update! Sound keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kim SooAlex, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

i have a DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series and it had already the windows 10 since manufactured

and it was working fine until the last update!

Sound keys are F2 and F3 while my brightness keys are F11 and F12 and they are like useless keys now.

I have checked the drivers for sound and graphic and after selecting auto search. it says latest update install!!!

I have even try so see if keyboard or monitor driver were not enabled, but they were....

so what is the problem????

Can anybody help pls????

:)

Kim SooAlex, Nov 6, 2019

2. Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, Nov 6, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Nov 6, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

1. Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!! - Similar Threads - Brightness sound key

2. Sound volume too low since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  3. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  4. Sound devices disabled since last update

Sound devices disabled since last update: Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices-disabled-since-last-update/72e585e3-878d-4de6-9db3-d61eb6445262
  5. Onedrive not working since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not working since last update: Since these updates were installed, onedrive in File Explorer has stopped working. Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Net - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully installed on 07-Dec-19 Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Bluetooth - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully...
  6. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  7. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  8. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness and volume functions not working since windows update