Windows 10: Brightness and Volume controls

Discus and support Brightness and Volume controls in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Animish_, May 19, 2022.

1. Animish_ Win User

Brightness and Volume controls

Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard, the indicator on the top right corner does not appear but they do change, I am unable to change brightness and volume from taskbar and the system does not detect any audio output, it only detects any external audio devices. I can change the brightness and volume from the settings app, if I select the inbuilt speaker then the setting app crashes. I tried running an SFC scan and a DISM scan but no success. Is there any solution to this issue.

:)

Animish_, May 19, 2022
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, May 19, 2022
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, May 19, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?

Brightness and Volume controls [​IMG]

From 1809 Build 17763.557 on a laptop

From here in Settings:

Brightness and Volume controls [​IMG]

Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10
    Tutorial- note this refers to laptops or tablets.
    (I don't have a desktop, so someone with a desktop will most likely comment further).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...een-brightness
    An interesting option: this free utility - although better known for volume control using the scroll wheel- also has an option for controlling brighness using a key plus scroll wheel which you can configure. (Unless something else is wrong of course)
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Brightness and Volume controls - Similar Threads - Brightness Volume controls

2. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  3. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  4. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  5. Brightness controle

Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  6. Brightness and Volume controls

Brightness and Volume controls: Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard, the indicator on the top right corner does not appear but they do change, I am unable to change brightness and volume from...
  7. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Control: I bought an “HP Stream Laptop PC 11.6" Intel N4000 Quad Core 4GB DDR4 SDRAM 32GB eMMCl “ off of Amazon, and now I can’t find my brightness control. I’ve looked in the notification panel, I’ve looked in the display in settings. The function keys on my laptop for the brightness...
  8. brightness control

brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  9. Brightness control

Brightness control: After the most recent windows update , I am unable to change my brightness ( the numbers do change but the brightness itself does not ) . I tried updating my drivers and all of them are up to date , I also checked my power settings and everything looked normal ....
  10. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness Control: Hello, After updating my system to latest version of windows - OCTOBER UPDATE - 1809, i have lost control of m brightness. I am not able to control the screen brightness anymore. Please HELP !...