Windows 10: Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

Discus and support Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; ...and it's the worst for photo editing! It typically happens when I go from Photoshop to chrome, or anywhere that has a dark UI to chrome. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by billbixby, Jan 7, 2020.

1. billbixby Win User

Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

...and it's the worst for photo editing! It typically happens when I go from Photoshop to chrome, or anywhere that has a dark UI to chrome. I think it's on the OS side, when the screen is automatically brightening I can go into the Nvidia control panel and select "Use NVIDIA settings" and it will kick the brightness down. Once I go back to a dark UI, here comes the brightness again...

I've tried things like adjusting windows power settings, going into bios and seeing if there was an on-board graphics setting I need to turn off, searching Adobe, Windows, and Nvidia forums, buying a new monitor, but nothing is working.

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any tips or tricks? Thank you!
    Win10x64
    Geforce GTX 1070

Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI... [​IMG]

:)

billbixby, Jan 7, 2020

2. Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Automatic Screen brightness - too bright in a darkened room?

I have the same issue with Nokia Lumia 710. The low setting is just too bright and the automatic brightness setting is darker but the brightness doesn't decrease when going back from a lighter place to a dark place...it only works when going from dark
    to light

IvanStimac, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

1. Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI... - Similar Threads - Brightness automatically changes

2. Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the monitor display from bright to dark.: The original display of the monitor was dark and the functions seen in File Explorer are in bright. How do I go back to this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-monitor-display-from-bright-to-dark/989312e5-78d2-41b6-80f1-ba76ffe52c6c
  3. changing from dark mode to light

changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  4. changing from dark mode to light

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  5. Screen going from light to dark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen going from light to dark: I have Windows 10 on my hp laptop but just recently it has started going from light to dark on the screen with a few seconds between the change. It was purchased with Windows 10 on it so I have made no adjustments to it. Can anyone help me as trying to work with the screen...
  6. Brightness levels keep changing when switching from bright to dark pages **(no adaptive...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness levels keep changing when switching from bright to dark pages **(no adaptive...: My background is dark. When I have a website open and minimize the page and view my background the brightness slowly dims for about 5 seconds and it's really distracting and when I pull up a website again the brightness slowly increases for about 5 seconds. There is no enable...
  7. Automatically change Windows color scheme from light to dark at specific hours / sunrise or...

Automatically change Windows color scheme from light to dark at specific hours / sunrise or...: Can this be done by the insider builds by any chance? I work at home during the covid pandemic and it's so bright outside that I prefer to have all windows in light theme however when the evening comes the dark one seems to suit my eyes better. Can this be done automatically...
  8. Windows is automatically changing UI settings

Windows is automatically changing UI settings: My copy of windows 10 has hid my taskbar and changed the color scheme to pink. I tried using regedit which didn't work, and i don't have windows activated. Is there any way I can fix this? submitted by /u/BrazyAwesomeGameing [link] [comments]...
  9. How to change brightness automatically when lighting changes

How to change brightness automatically when lighting changes: Hi there, I want to turn off the 'Change brightness automatically when lighting changes' function but do not have thecheck box. How can I do this? Thanks, Lesley...
  10. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...