Windows 10: Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

Discus and support Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; ...and it's the worst for photo editing! It typically happens when I go from Photoshop to chrome, or anywhere that has a dark UI to chrome. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by billbixby, Jan 7, 2020.

1. billbixby Win User

Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

...and it's the worst for photo editing! It typically happens when I go from Photoshop to chrome, or anywhere that has a dark UI to chrome. I think it's on the OS side, when the screen is automatically brightening I can go into the Nvidia control panel and select "Use NVIDIA settings" and it will kick the brightness down. Once I go back to a dark UI, here comes the brightness again...

I've tried things like adjusting windows power settings, going into bios and seeing if there was an on-board graphics setting I need to turn off, searching Adobe, Windows, and Nvidia forums, buying a new monitor, but nothing is working.

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any tips or tricks? Thank you!
    Win10x64
    Geforce GTX 1070

Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI... [​IMG]

:)

billbixby, Jan 7, 2020

2. Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Automatic Screen brightness - too bright in a darkened room?

I have the same issue with Nokia Lumia 710. The low setting is just too bright and the automatic brightness setting is darker but the brightness doesn't decrease when going back from a lighter place to a dark place...it only works when going from dark
    to light

IvanStimac, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

1. Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI... - Similar Threads - Brightness automatically changes

2. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  3. brightness and night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness and night light: I have been trying to reduce my brightness since I upgraded to windows 10 and its not working and also my night light option is no[ATTACH]t working . cant use it, its just blur. not active...
  4. Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes

Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes: Hi, I have a very annoying issue that i noticed after installing a GTX 980 which replaced my RX 550. When the screen becomes dark, i.e watching a movie or playing games that have low light, the screen goes dim. If the scene remains in low light the brightness constantly...
  5. Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically: Windows 10 Auto-Night-Mode is a free open source program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to switch between light and dark mode automatically. Microsoft introduced dark theme support in Windows 10 and improved the mode in recent versions of the operating system;...
  6. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically: I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness depending on the application/game that is being displayed. If I show a dark image the screen turns dark and if I use a show a...
  7. Cant change the app mode from dark to light. My screen is black when I go to like amazon or...

Cant change the app mode from dark to light. My screen is black when I go to like amazon or...: Can't change the app mode on my computer. When I go to anything on my computer it is black instead of light. It will not let me change it back to light. It changed on its own...
  8. How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode: How to: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  9. Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift

Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift: I don't know how long now but I am unable to change my screen brightness and night shift settings. I updated to the new software a while back and only recently noticed that my battery has been dying sooner than it should have. Today I reset my laptop and it had no effect...
  10. Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change to a Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...