Windows 10: Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

Discus and support Brightness Buttons Aren't Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatieRichardson1, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider. This is a new laptop and the buttons were working perfectly fine a few days ago and I don't know what the problem is or what setting I selected that might do this.

:)

KatieRichardson1, Jun 9, 2020
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jun 9, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

brightness buttons not working

the brightness buttons (f3 and f4) doesn`t work but sound buttons work fine. i have an hp probook.

tobiasobrestad, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

1. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working - Similar Threads - Brightness Buttons Aren't

2. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  3. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  4. My Brightness controls aren't working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Brightness controls aren't working on Windows 10: Hello, My Brightness was working totally fine until yesterday. Not sure what actually caused this issue.Issue: I can see the slider in notification tray but changing the slider does nothing.Even pressing Fn + brightness keys changes brightness value but nothing in actual...
  5. My Brightness controls aren't working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Brightness controls aren't working on Windows 10: Hello, My Brightness was working totally fine until yesterday. Not sure what actually caused this issue.Issue: I can see the slider in notification tray but changing the slider does nothing.Even pressing Fn + brightness keys changes brightness value but nothing in actual...
  6. My Brightness controls aren't working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.: My laptops settings for brightness Slides, Tab and buttons aren't working, I don't know what do at this point even considering I've tried everything suggested even restarting my laptop over 34 times. I've even uninstalled, disabled, installed and enabled the Generic Monitor...
  8. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  9. Brightness buttons stopped working Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness buttons stopped working Win10: Hello. I have an HP Laptop (HP EliteBook 840 G5) running win10 enterprise. My Fn f3-f4 of the brightness control stopped working after an update. when my computer was new i had this issue, and after a lot of error and trial it appeared i needed an Intel driver of chipset...
  10. Brightness buttons not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness buttons not working: Hello, I have hp elite laptop bought recently. Lately i recieved an update due to which my brightness controls and brightness buttons on keyboard have stopped working. I was not able to change brightness thru battery settings either. After updating display driver a few...