Windows 10: Brightness buttons stopped working Win10

Discus and support Brightness buttons stopped working Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have an HP Laptop (HP EliteBook 840 G5) running win10 enterprise. My Fn f3-f4 of the brightness control stopped working after an update. when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sushisan, Feb 17, 2019.

1. sushisan Win User

Brightness buttons stopped working Win10

Hello. I have an HP Laptop (HP EliteBook 840 G5) running win10 enterprise. My Fn f3-f4 of the brightness control stopped working after an update.

when my computer was new i had this issue, and after a lot of error and trial it appeared i needed an Intel driver of chipset management.

since the last update it's not working again.

I tried to:

1. uninstall and re-install the chipset driver that solved it last time.

2. roll back the screen adaptor driver

3. to look for update of the adaptor's drivers

all of the above didn't solve this problem. is there another solution I haven't tried yet?

:)

sushisan, Feb 17, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Sleep function disappeared after Creators update also screen brightness buttons stopped working

After creators update sleep function does not work, power options has no option for sleep.

• In Start>Power sleep does not show, only Hibernate Shut down and Restart.
    • Cannot change screen brightness, buttons stopped working, Action center lost the screen brightness button, Windows Mobility center brightness control has no affect.

JodySolell, Feb 17, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Brightness buttons stopped working Win10 - Similar Threads - Brightness buttons stopped

2. Snipping tool and middle mouse button stopped working win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool and middle mouse button stopped working win10: Hello, after a recent windows update, Snip&Sketch shortcut win+shift+s stopped working, and the app only shows the ability to snip entire screen, not the parts anymore. At the same time, my middle mouse button wheel stopped working for opening/closing browser pages.I have...
  3. Snipping tool and middle mouse button stopped working win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool and middle mouse button stopped working win10: Hello, after a recent windows update, Snip&Sketch shortcut win+shift+s stopped working, and the app only shows the ability to snip entire screen, not the parts anymore. At the same time, my middle mouse button wheel stopped working for opening/closing browser pages.I have...
  4. Snipping tool and middle mouse button stopped working win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.: My laptops settings for brightness Slides, Tab and buttons aren't working, I don't know what do at this point even considering I've tried everything suggested even restarting my laptop over 34 times. I've even uninstalled, disabled, installed and enabled the Generic Monitor...
  6. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Buttons Aren't Working: When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider. This is a new laptop and the buttons were working perfectly fine a few days ago and I don't know what the problem is or what...
  7. Brightness button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness button: I'm not sure what caused this but whenever I press F11 to change my brightness, it instead makes my screen go to full screen. When I try to turn my brightness up with F12, it doesn't do anything....
  8. My brightness buttons won't work

My brightness buttons won't work: I have the newest version of the Surface Pro and the blue-ish keyboard that attaches to it. Earlier this morning the brightness buttons on the keyboard worked perfectly. However, now they won't work. I can go into settings and manually change the brightness, but it is very...
  9. Brightness adjust stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness adjust stopped working: I cannot adjust brightness on my PC. At first when I restart my PC, it works. But when I wake it from the sleeping mode, it isn’t working. I have all the graphic drivers installed. and turned off the auto brightness. I reckon this issue started from the last Windows update....
  10. Brightness buttons not working

Brightness buttons not working: Hello, I have hp elite laptop bought recently. Lately i recieved an update due to which my brightness controls and brightness buttons on keyboard have stopped working. I was not able to change brightness thru battery settings either. After updating display driver a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elitebook 840 g5 brightness not working