Windows 10: Brightness Control Bug

Discus and support Brightness Control Bug in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been poking at this a month or more now and don't think I'm any closer to figuring out what's causing this very odd problem with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AngelaM2, Jan 31, 2019.

1. AngelaM2 Win User

Brightness Control Bug

I've been poking at this a month or more now and don't think I'm any closer to figuring out what's causing this very odd problem with windows 10

Standard User profiles on my machine cannot use any brightness controls unless I switch to an admin account first to 'kick start' the machine recognizing its brightness settings. Then after switching back to a standard user profile I can use all brightness controls again as normal... but only until the machine goes to sleep. As soon as the screen goes dark for any reason when it goes right back to 100% brightness and standard users being locked out of these controls.

I've tried;

Updating all drivers, nothing

Deleting and then reinstalling all display drivers, no help

Admin level sfc /scannow, and found no issues,

Deleting and completely recreating profiles many times. No change. Editing registry suffix on the effected profile, Still no change.

(re)disabling adaptive brightness controls

I've played with every display/power setting I can think of and rebooted in all manner of combinations...

What is going on and how do I fix it?

:)

AngelaM2, Jan 31, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 31, 2019
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Brightness Control Bug

Brightness control not working

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and"Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Brightness Control Bug

1. Brightness Control Bug - Similar Threads - Brightness Control Bug

2. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  3. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  4. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  5. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  6. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Control: I bought an “HP Stream Laptop PC 11.6" Intel N4000 Quad Core 4GB DDR4 SDRAM 32GB eMMCl “ off of Amazon, and now I can’t find my brightness control. I’ve looked in the notification panel, I’ve looked in the display in settings. The function keys on my laptop for the brightness...
  7. brightness control

brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  8. Brightness control

Brightness control: After the most recent windows update , I am unable to change my brightness ( the numbers do change but the brightness itself does not ) . I tried updating my drivers and all of them are up to date , I also checked my power settings and everything looked normal ....
  9. Bugs in brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugs in brightness control: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. For some days ago the screen started to behave strange. Every 15 sec the brightness goes down approx 15% and every 25 sec it goes down approx 75% and then back to 100%. The same over and over again. I can see this at...
  10. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness Control: Hello, After updating my system to latest version of windows - OCTOBER UPDATE - 1809, i have lost control of m brightness. I am not able to control the screen brightness anymore. Please HELP !...