Windows 10: Brightness control gone

Discus and support Brightness control gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I was able to change my brightness. However, today the brightness scale has disappeared completely. I go on to settings and display and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harry_128, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Harry_128 Win User

Brightness control gone

Yesterday I was able to change my brightness. However, today the brightness scale has disappeared completely. I go on to settings and display and the slider is gone. Can anyone help?

:)

Harry_128, Sep 9, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Michael Gall Win User
    monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Smittychat. Win User

Brightness control gone

Brightness Control

Hi,

See if these
    steps
    work for you.

Smittychat., Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Brightness control gone

1. Brightness control gone - Similar Threads - Brightness control gone

2. Brightness control not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control not working: I am unable to lower brightness in my newly purchased laptop. I have tried updating display adapters and installing MS Basic Display Adapter but no use. Brightness cannot be changed through any setting or fn keys. Model: Asus ROG GU501GM...
  3. Power plan brightness setting gone in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power plan brightness setting gone in Windows 10 1809: Hi, I have three notebooks with Windows 1809(one upgraded from 1803 and two clean installs). In previous versions we would have "Adjust plan brightness" option in Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Power Options->Edit Plan Settings. The brightness you adjust by hot...
  4. Brightness control not working Windows 10 / Lenovo T450s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control not working Windows 10 / Lenovo T450s: Hi, After the last Windows 10 update from 9th Oct 2018, my Lenovo T450s laptop is not capable anymore to adjust brightness. Hotkeys not working not the slide bar for Display Brightness. I can slide up or down but the screen does not change brightness level. I've tried all...
  5. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness Control: Hello, After updating my system to latest version of windows - OCTOBER UPDATE - 1809, i have lost control of m brightness. I am not able to control the screen brightness anymore. Please HELP !...
  6. Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control: now I can not control brightness either through F3 or by hitting notification icon method as noted in help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/performed-update-for-windows-10-lost-brightness/877f41f5-f9f5-4c48-9a99-52146d078733
  7. W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 Graphics driver: Sleep OR Brightness control, pick one: Hello! There are countless threads with people who can't change brightness on Windows 10. Easily solved, switch to the generic Windows graphics driver. However, to me this solution removes the Sleep option in Power menu. Only Hibernate is left, but I don't want to use it. I...
  8. Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?

Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?: Brand new system, brand new copy of Win 10 Pro 64. My screen is a blinding white. Black text is extremely hard to make out and you can't see gray text at all. Videos and images are extremely bright to the point of being washed out. Monitor brightness set as low as it will go...
  9. Catalyst Control Center gone

Catalyst Control Center gone: It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in the tray get it to open...
  10. The old Control panel may soon be gone

in Windows 10 News
    The old Control panel may soon be gone: The existence of two applications for changing system settings, the familiar 'Control Panel' and the touch-friendly 'Settings' app, was a point of major contention in Windows 8 and drew many negative reviews, criticising Microsoft's UI design for making things unnecessarily...