Windows 10: Brightness control gone

Discus and support Brightness control gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I was able to change my brightness. However, today the brightness scale has disappeared completely. I go on to settings and display and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harry_128, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Harry_128 Win User

Brightness control gone

Yesterday I was able to change my brightness. However, today the brightness scale has disappeared completely. I go on to settings and display and the slider is gone. Can anyone help?

:)

Harry_128, Sep 9, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 9, 2018
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Brightness control gone

Brightness Control

Hi,

See if these
    steps
    work for you.

Smittychat., Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Brightness control gone

1. Brightness control gone - Similar Threads - Brightness control gone

2. Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10: I found a similar problem from a year ago, but there was not a solution besides downloading an app. I really don't want to do this. A few weeks ago, my computer was forced to do an automatic update to windows 10. One of the many side effects with this latest update is the...
  3. Windows 10 brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 brightness control: I have windows 10 on surface laptop and i have noticed that the brightness changes automatically based on the background that you currently have on the screen. I have unchecked the box where it says "change brightness automatically when when lightning changes" in the...
  4. windows 1809 disabled brightness controls for taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 1809 disabled brightness controls for taskbar: so I just updated my laptop to 1809 only 4 days ago and notice that my brightness control from the battery icon on the bottom right of my desktop (right side of taskbar) is now missing when I press the battery module. I thought it was the drivers but I just uninstalled and...
  5. Controller input gone bizzare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller input gone bizzare: hi, this morning, I have a bad time playing on xbox 360 wireless controller. the input seems always switching from keyboard to the controller make the game not playable. please help me what happen to the controller. also, I found out that the windows updated it self. when I...
  6. Bugs in brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugs in brightness control: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. For some days ago the screen started to behave strange. Every 15 sec the brightness goes down approx 15% and every 25 sec it goes down approx 75% and then back to 100%. The same over and over again. I can see this at...
  7. Brightness control not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control not working: I am unable to lower brightness in my newly purchased laptop. I have tried updating display adapters and installing MS Basic Display Adapter but no use. Brightness cannot be changed through any setting or fn keys. Model: Asus ROG GU501GM...
  8. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness Control: Hello, After updating my system to latest version of windows - OCTOBER UPDATE - 1809, i have lost control of m brightness. I am not able to control the screen brightness anymore. Please HELP !...
  9. Catalyst Control Center gone

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Catalyst Control Center gone: It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in the tray get it to open...
  10. The old Control panel may soon be gone

in Windows 10 News
    The old Control panel may soon be gone: The existence of two applications for changing system settings, the familiar 'Control Panel' and the touch-friendly 'Settings' app, was a point of major contention in Windows 8 and drew many negative reviews, criticising Microsoft's UI design for making things unnecessarily...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 brightness controls disappeared