Windows 10: Brightness control issue

Discus and support Brightness control issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please I just installed my Windows 10 Pro but I can't control my brightness which is now always at the peak! and the windows 10 is very sluggish when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GoxEz, Mar 4, 2019.

1. GoxEz Win User

Brightness control issue

Please I just installed my Windows 10 Pro but I can't control my brightness which is now always at the peak! and the windows 10 is very sluggish when compared to my Win 8.1 Pro..PLEASE HELP!

:)

GoxEz, Mar 4, 2019

2. issue for the brightness control

Hi Rushi,

Driver issues can be one of the reasons why you're having issues with adjusting the brightness. To isolate your concern, we would like to ask for the following:

• Were there any changes or updates installed on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest starting your computer in safe mode. This will start Windows using a limited set of drivers.

Feel free to post back, and we'll assist you further.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 4, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Brightness control issue

Brightness control not working

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and"Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Brightness control issue

1. Brightness control issue - Similar Threads - Brightness control issue

2. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  3. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  4. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  5. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  6. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Control: I bought an “HP Stream Laptop PC 11.6" Intel N4000 Quad Core 4GB DDR4 SDRAM 32GB eMMCl “ off of Amazon, and now I can’t find my brightness control. I’ve looked in the notification panel, I’ve looked in the display in settings. The function keys on my laptop for the brightness...
  7. brightness control

brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  8. brightness control issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness control issue: I have bought a new laptop which has an IPS display panel. I am having issue with brightness control. I am not able to high or low brightness at all. All my driver are updated and window is activated. I am all so unable to use night light . I just want to ask that all...
  9. Brightness control

Brightness control: After the most recent windows update , I am unable to change my brightness ( the numbers do change but the brightness itself does not ) . I tried updating my drivers and all of them are up to date , I also checked my power settings and everything looked normal ....
  10. Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness Control: Hello, After updating my system to latest version of windows - OCTOBER UPDATE - 1809, i have lost control of m brightness. I am not able to control the screen brightness anymore. Please HELP !...