Windows 10: Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update

Discus and support Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using an HP desktop and the brightness control dosnt appear anymore in any of the W10 settings. I have tried solving the issues by going into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by suehempel, Nov 30, 2018.

1. suehempel Win User

Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update

I am using an HP desktop and the brightness control dosnt appear anymore in any of the W10 settings.

I have tried solving the issues by going into the drivers but this dosnt work.

Any suggestions please?

:)

suehempel, Nov 30, 2018
  2. TheDavidW Win User

After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Nov 30, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update

Brightness control not working

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and"Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update

1. Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update - Similar Threads - Brightness Control appearing

2. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  3. Brightness control stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control stopped working after update: Brightness control stopped working after window's update, tried the below possible solutions, but nothing worked. 1. set display driver basic version 2. update display driver 3. Windows reset The brightness is set at max in Windows, but i am able to adjust it in Ubuntu....
  4. brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  5. Brightness control does not appear in tne notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness control does not appear in tne notifications: Hi, I upgraded to Win10 version 1903 Dektop; Education but the screen brightness control does not appear and I cannot adjust the screen brightness from the Windows settings. I have a Nvidia graphic card GeForce 9400 GT with driver version 342.01 which is the last that...
  6. Brightness control NOT working after update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness control NOT working after update !: Before installing the latest update ( March 1, 2019—KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) ) i normally i can control the brightness of the screen of my PC ( HP Pavilion dv6 notebook pc ) but, after installing the updates i can't control it. I did uninstall the update and reboot the...
  7. Brightness control not working after updating windows 10

Brightness control not working after updating windows 10: i can't control my brightness after i updating my windows 10 to latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-not-working-after-updating/1a416f92-87a9-4d2a-8e0e-768c769245fe
  8. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  9. unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update

unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update: Hi, We recently had our Windows 10 update and unfortunately can no longer control the brightness. Here is what we have tried with no success based on the Windows user help forums: 1. Gone to device manager and switched to microsoft basic display - screen blacks out and...
  10. After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared

After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared: Hi all, I have an issue. I downloaded the new update to windows 10 1803 and I used to have only two Hard Disk Drivers. C: and D: Now after the update I have E: which is an OEM Partition. Problem is every few minutes, I get a notification saying its running out of space....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fx brightness in windows 10 if it loss