Windows 10: Brightness Control Not Working

Discus and support Brightness Control Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have an MSI GP66 11UH laptop with an RTX 3080. Whenever I turn on the discreet graphics mode, i.e., use only the graphics card and not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MetalKnight, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Brightness Control Not Working

Hello,I have an MSI GP66 11UH laptop with an RTX 3080. Whenever I turn on the discreet graphics mode, i.e., use only the graphics card and not the intel integrated graphics, the brightness on my laptop gets dim and stays that way, even though the brightness is set to 100. Also, lowering the brightness does nothing, it just stays dim, and does not get dimmer. Therefore, it is evident that the inbuilt display is unresponsive to the brightness-changing commands while in discreet graphics mode, but is responsive and works well in hybrid graphics mode. Things I have tried: Updating to Windows 11.Us

:)

MetalKnight, Jun 29, 2022
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Brightness control not working

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and"Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 29, 2022
  4. sammy Win User

Brightness Control Not Working

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Brightness Control Not Working

1. Brightness Control Not Working - Similar Threads - Brightness Control Working

2. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Control Not Working: Hello,I have an MSI GP66 11UH laptop with an RTX 3080. Whenever I turn on the discreet graphics mode, i.e., use only the graphics card and not the intel integrated graphics, the brightness on my laptop gets dim and stays that way, even though the brightness is set to 100....
  3. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Control Not Working: Yesterday 6-16-22 I installed the new feature update and it killed brightness control. Moving the slider in settings > display does absolutely nothing; 1 and 99 are the same brightness.Today 6-17-22, I uninstalled that update, and yet brightness control is STILL broken....
  4. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Control Not Working: Yesterday 6-16-22 I installed the new feature update and it killed brightness control. Moving the slider in settings > display does absolutely nothing; 1 and 99 are the same brightness.Today 6-17-22, I uninstalled that update, and yet brightness control is STILL broken....
  5. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. brightness control stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness control stopped working: has anyone found a way to get the brightness control to work after it ceased functioning with the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-stopped-working/15abf4c1-cc46-4386-a79c-f7954ece7106
  7. Brightness control not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness control not working: I've tried all the methods to fix this ; updating drivers, reinstalling and updating windows, sfc in cmd. The problem started when my display wasn't working and I had to repair my laptop. After I got it repaired the brightness control stopped working. I've connected my laptop...
  8. Touchscreen and brightness controls not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchscreen and brightness controls not working: Hi guys, I have an old Asus Transformerbook T100taf, on which I installed Cloudready Chrome OS for a better touch experience. After I concluded I wanted to go back to windows, I reinstalled it via USB. Now the touchscreen won't work anymore, not even after disabling/enabling...
  9. Brightness controll is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness controll is not working.: Brightness settings are showing there but any change that i can do either increase or decrease the brightness. please help me to solve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controll-is-not-working/2b314582-17e6-4ebd-9f87-6fc5065cc94d
  10. Brightness control not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control not working: I am unable to lower brightness in my newly purchased laptop. I have tried updating display adapters and installing MS Basic Display Adapter but no use. Brightness cannot be changed through any setting or fn keys. Model: Asus ROG GU501GM...