Windows 10: Brightness dimming on its own

Discus and support Brightness dimming on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by harlowhansbarger, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Brightness dimming on its own

It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all the settings. we can not figure out why it is doing it.... Any ideas?

:)

harlowhansbarger, Mar 10, 2020

2. Dimmed brightness

I have a problem with the dimmed brightness. my monitor always dimmed when I view something that have a low brightness. I change the dimmed brightness setting, turn off the adaptive brightness but my monitor still dim. I'm not sure its a driver issue as
    there is no update for my display driver. I am using hp pavilion g4 with intel hd graphic

IQBALKAIJU, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop: everything I have tried does not allow me to dim the over-bright screen using the win 10 customization tools? Most suggestion offer tweaks that might not be reversed?

edwardfinigan, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Brightness dimming on its own

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Hi Edward,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• What are the steps you have tried to dim the brightness?
    As you are not able to adjust the brightness, I suggest you to update the display adapter drivers in the Windows 10 and check if it helps.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Brightness dimming on its own

1. Brightness dimming on its own - Similar Threads - Brightness dimming own

2. windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?: hi, i have googled and worked on this for weeks. sometimes windows seem to just brighten and dim all on their own. its usually just browser windows or the desktop, games and programs never seem to do it. it especially seems to do it on pages with alot of whitespace. its not...
  3. Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions?: Does anyone have a fix for-Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming-on-its-own-elitebook-windows-10/c5ff65a8-31f3-488b-bc1d-0834b67f18b0
  4. Dim Brightness

Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  5. Brightness dims on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims on game: So ive come to this issue where Destiny 2 dims brightness on launch. I have tried to fox brightness but its so dim. I put brightness up on computer settings no change. I put brightness to max on game and still very dim. it doesnt seem to be a game issue has it works fine on...
  6. Windows 10 dimming on its own

Windows 10 dimming on its own: I use my laptop for photo editing and have calibrated the display with brightness set at 32. My problem is that the display dims after some time at its own going from 16 then 8 , 4 and eventually 0. This cause the calibration to be off. I would like the brightness to stay...
  7. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  8. The brightness is fading down on its own

The brightness is fading down on its own: The brightness is fading down on its own on my pc running Windows 10. The issue occurs when I am on websites. I am unable to adjust the brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-brightness-is-fading-down-on-its-own/75f30f06-f803-42c0-9c27-8035b35624f5
  9. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...
  10. My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.: And yes, I've already tried the adaptive brightness, not the issue. It just happened out of nowhere, maybe I pressed the wrong selection of keys, but all I remember is that it just paused for a sec, after that it made this old school sounding computer noise (think the noise...