Windows 10: Brightness Function Keys Not Working

Discus and support Brightness Function Keys Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating my laptop to the April 2018 update, I lost several functions to my funtion keys, which includes Ambient light, Battery settings, Project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeffery Mensah, May 2, 2019.

1. Brightness Function Keys Not Working

After updating my laptop to the April 2018 update, I lost several functions to my funtion keys, which includes Ambient light, Battery settings, Project settings, Muting microphone, and most importantly the Brightness settings. How do I fix this so I can use my function keys again?

My laptop is:

HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3

Intel Core i5-5200U CUP @ 2.20GHz (Quad Core)

4.00 GB RAM

:)

Jeffery Mensah, May 2, 2019
  2. marsstars Win User

Brightness function keys not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that my brightness function keys are not working properly; brightness is at the highest setting and does not dim when I click on function keys. I currently am using a VAIO VPCYB35KX Model. I've attempted
    most of the suggestions regarding this issue, however, I have had no success.

I appreciate your advice and welcome all suggestions.

Thank You!

marsstars, May 2, 2019
  3. Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, May 2, 2019
  4. Brightness Function Keys Not Working

Brightness keys aare not working

I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 but the brightness functions keys are not working well as the brightness is not adjusted. Also the start up is also late. Please suggest me some solution.

PRANAB KUMARPRADHAN, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Brightness Function Keys Not Working

1. Brightness Function Keys Not Working - Similar Threads - Brightness Function Keys

2. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  5. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10: I updated my Hp 1050G1 laptop using windows update for Windows 10 now the function keys for brightness are not working. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-function-keys-not-working-in-windows-10/a6edd8e4-4b00-4fb9-a3a0-d4a6788fb61c
  6. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10: I updated my Hp 1050G1 laptop using windows update for Windows 10 now the function keys for brightness are not working. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-function-keys-not-working-in-windows-10/a6edd8e4-4b00-4fb9-a3a0-d4a6788fb61c
  7. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. brightness key working but not performing the required function

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness key working but not performing the required function: Hello, I have an HP Ultrabook 820 G3. Its brightness keys are located at F5 and F6 but both are working but not performing their brightness increase/decrease functions. At the home page, the brightness keys scroll through the apps located at the taskbar but do not increase...
  9. Brightness and all other function keys not working

Brightness and all other function keys not working: Hi, I'd done with dislplay drivers update as well as Microsoft basic display drivers still functions key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-and-all-other-function-keys-not-working/3dca5407-b2ed-4ed5-9036-f4f61860ddb4
  10. My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.

My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.: My function keys are not working for some reason. I usually use the volume function keys and the brightness level function keys, F3 F4 F6 F7 but none of them are working. I had this problem before, and when I asked for help I found out its because of the update. I updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f1 options for brightness not changing brightness

2. brightness keys not working windows 2019