Windows 10: Brightness icon missing

Discus and support Brightness icon missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I use the keyboard shortcuts to adjust screen brightness on my Surface Book 2, there used to be an icon for brightness where I pointed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichFiend1, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Brightness icon missing

Hi,

When I use the keyboard shortcuts to adjust screen brightness on my Surface Book 2, there used to be an icon for brightness where I pointed in the picture below. Does anyone know how to bring it back?

Brightness icon missing c4004122-e377-472d-a512-adf4d1dcf438?upload=true.png

:)

RichFiend1, Aug 15, 2020

2. Brightness Icon is missing

Hello Anas,

My name is Patricia and I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to help you today.

Brightness is not designed to come on taskbar.

You can only have it in notification center.

The list of icons available on task bar is here

Right clic on taskbar > Taskbar settings

>> look at these 2 links

Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Turn system icons on or off

Patricia.Guenot, Aug 15, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Brightness icon missing

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Brightness icon missing

1. Brightness icon missing - Similar Threads - Brightness icon missing

2. Brightness Bar is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Bar is missing: Hi, I have a Windows 11 and for a while now my brightness bar has been missing. My eyeballs have been suffering a lot lately and I really just want to get this fixed and get it over with. I searched and tried so many ways in the internet. I read articles, help pages,...
  3. Missing Brightness adjusters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Brightness adjusters: Hello! Thank you for taking the time to help me with my issue. For a while now I have been missing the ability to adjust the brightness on my monitor. I have ensured that my display adapter's drivers are up to date and my monitor drivers are also up to date. I am not able to...
  4. Brightness Icon/ slider missing

Brightness Icon/ slider missing: Hello, After the update, brightness slider is missing from taskbar and from display settings. I tried disabling/enabling, installing/uninstalling by going to Devices>Monitor, it shows Generic PnP monitor and driver provider is microsoft. I have absolutely zero clue how to fix...
  5. Brightness slider missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  6. Brightness Slider Missing

Brightness Slider Missing: [IMG] Brightness slider disappeared windows 10 Home,1909 I did Graphic Drivers Updated went to action center used function keyUp, Down and display off but my problem not fix yet, everywhere I found how to fix this... Please Help Me!!!...
  7. Brightness Option missing

Brightness Option missing: Hello my brightness option is missing .. I have no brightness option is System > display and my physical buttons is also not helpful .. Tried solutions- 1 Reboot 2 reinstalling display driver 3 3rd party app And none of them work .. nothing is working Please...
  8. Brightness slider missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...
  9. BRIGHTNESS ICON

BRIGHTNESS ICON: Hi~~ So the brightness icon on the top left corner of my screen keeps appearing then will go for like 5-10 seconds then appears again. Please help me :) thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-icon/b40d2d03-5e84-4f23-9e89-23f43fe4409a
  10. Brightness Icon is missing

Brightness Icon is missing: Brightness Icon isn't shown near battery but shown on notifications bar only how to solve that or drag it near battery ,I have windows 10 by the way Thanks [ATTACH]...