Windows 10: Brightness icon not showing below the battery

Discus and support Brightness icon not showing below the battery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't see the brightness icon next to the battery saver icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abyan Iqbal, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Brightness icon not showing below the battery

I can't see the brightness icon next to the battery saver icon.

:)

Abyan Iqbal, Jun 8, 2021

2. Missing Date and Time, volume and Battery Icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Right click on the task bar and you will get a popup menu.
    • Click on properties.
    • Under behavior of system icons select ON for volume icon, Date and Time icon and Battery icon to always show.
    • Click OK.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Battery Saver/Brightness

Hello T J Wilson,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with brightness settings on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.
    • Click Apply. Click
      OK.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Brightness icon not showing below the battery

Battery icon problems on tablet

Hi,

I have a small Windows tablet which I upgraded to Creators Update by doing a fresh install. I had copies of drivers and reinstalled all of them. The only issue is the battery icon.

It shows up in the taskbar, but appears 'empty'. Tap / click on it and the text says '100%' all the time. It doesn't change if plugged in or not. The screen brightness part does work, as does 'battery saver'. It seems it just isn't getting the battery level data.

I already tried disabling and enabling both AC adapter items in Device Manager with no effect. Apart from the icon vanishing and reappearing after a reboot.

There are a couple of Power management items relating to the Intel chipset, also no effect when uninstalled and reinstalled.

I tried enabling the 'old' battery flyout and it shows 'unknown remaining'.

All suggestions are welcome!

markweatherill, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Brightness icon not showing below the battery

1. Brightness icon not showing below the battery - Similar Threads - Brightness icon showing

2. Battery show danger icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery show danger icon: When I plug in my usb-c for charging, but it shows image below, could you help me why it shows like that. Thank you! I use 65W charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-show-danger-icon/5381b399-c07e-4fd9-a6dd-50bda799dc8c
  3. Battery icon discharge not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon discharge not showing: After the update my batter icon doesn't even provide me any correct information the battery charge won't go down. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-discharge-not-showing/98dc9579-df2f-4324-8433-b1f50bad1f88
  4. battery icon is not showing discharge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery icon is not showing discharge: After the recent update, my battery icon is not showing correct info, it's always showing 99% doesn't goes 100 or less than 99. What to do to fix this?...
  5. Battery Icon is not showing Discharge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Icon is not showing Discharge: After recent windows update my battery icon is not showing correct info! It's always showing 99%, doesn't go to 100% or less than 99%.Is there any solution for this? How to fix it?...
  6. Battery Icon is Not Showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Icon is Not Showing: The battery icon is not showing, so I cannot see how much battery life is left. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-not-showing/d6db5ff6-be50-4f48-bd77-8ff94097df4e
  7. Battery icon is is not showing on taskbar

Battery icon is is not showing on taskbar: Battery icon is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update 2004 how I can again restore icon on taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-is-not-showing-on-taskbar/daee6b27-03ba-41ba-bf06-e5ba76dc5ec5
  8. Battery icon not showing!!!!!!!!!!

Battery icon not showing!!!!!!!!!!: The battery icon is not showing in the taskbar. When I went to taskbar settings, the battery icon appearance was on but the icon beside it was of volume, you can check in the image below. [ATTACH]...
  9. In taskbar battery icon not showing

In taskbar battery icon not showing: Dear Readers, I am using this HP pavilion laptop since 1 year and the battery icon was there in taskbar , but from few months the battery icon is showing in taskbar. I tried to change the same from Taskbar>turn system icons on or off but there also the power icon is on. I...
  10. Battery icon is not showing?

Battery icon is not showing?: For a couple of days the battery icon is not showing, checked in Notification the turn on/off button is greyed out. Help me out to solve this need your help. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...