Windows 10: brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

Discus and support brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? when using Fn + brightness keys that is... 146715 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by vistascape, Dec 18, 2019.

1. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

when using Fn + brightness keys that is...

:)

vistascape, Dec 18, 2019
  2. onefish Win User

Change 25% brightness increment?

I am still getting used to Win 10 on a tablet and one annoyance (system design flaw) that I would like to change is the 25% increment screen brightness in the action centre button (swipe left). 0% is way too dim and 25% is too bright in a dark room. I know I can control screen brightness better through desktop settings but that is far from convenient on a tablet. Has anybody found a hack to change the increments to say 10%? I searched the registry for "brightness" and came up with a couple possible entries (one below). But then it also kind of looked like the increment may be controlled by the dll?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\aded5e82-b909-4619-9949-f5d71dac0bcb

Anyone nail this one yet?

--------edit---------
    Also might mention that I am aware of the keyboard shortcuts but they don't work with the on screen keyboard.

onefish, Dec 18, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Hi, volumouse (free) offers brightness control with the scroll wheel + 1 key. Steps are configurable:

brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 18, 2019
  4. onefish Win User

Change 25% brightness increment?

OK, well until Microsoft fixes this in a Windows 10 update I have come up with a work around (kind of).

1. In desktop mode, right click on the desktop and created a shortcut. In the file path put powercfg.cpl and name it whatever you want. I called it "Screen Brightness" but it is actually a shortcut to the power options of the control panel, which has the screen brightness slider at the bottom of the window.
    2. Right click on the shortcut and select properties and then change icon (if you want to, not necessary for it to work). I selected an icon of a monitor with half the screen black and half white, just kind of looks like it belongs with a screen brightness shortcut.
    3. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and move the shortcut into this folder. You may have to approve administrator access if prompted. Close the explorer window.
    4. Still in desktop mode, click on the start menu, then All apps and find the shortcut you made. It's in alphabetical order. Once you have found it right click on it and select "pin to start".
    5. Select tablet mode and find your new tile shortcut and relocate it to wherever it's most convenient for you. Or just move it in the desktop start menu.

Now I have a quick shortcut tile in the start menu in desktop mode and on the start screen in tablet mode to manage screen brightness where 25% increments just doesn't cut it (i.e. most of the time). It's not as handy as just having a slider in left swipe menu but it's better than before and better than the few screen brightness controller utilities I tried.

Hope this helps someone!

onefish, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? - Similar Threads - brightness increments are

2. Is it possible to change display brightness from windows on DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change display brightness from windows on DESKTOP?: Is it possible to change display brightness from windows on DESKTOP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-display-brightness-from/f927f925-8a0e-4628-a6d2-0f8c71fd84ce
  3. Change brightness on samsung ATIV one 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change brightness on samsung ATIV one 5: So I recently got a ATIV one 5, as you may or may not know, it can be a fully functioning PC, as well as a monitor, and since the PC itself was slower than what I preferred, I used it in monitor mode. but when you use it in monitor mode, there is no brightness control in...
  4. Is it possible to adjust how many steps/increments the brightness shortcut keys on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to adjust how many steps/increments the brightness shortcut keys on the...: The brightness up and down shortcuts in my laptop keyboard moves the brightness level in increments of 10. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to increments of 5. submitted by /u/chanchan05 [link] [comments]...
  5. Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...: This doesn't seem to be related to "adaptive brightness" settings in any way, and it's driving my crazy. I could understand if the screen got brighter when I'm looking at a dark-colored page, but the opposite happens -- the screen gets darker on dark-colored pages, and...
  6. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?: brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? when using Fn + brightness keys that is... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-increments-are-at-10-possible-to-change/2617b9fb-515e-4d87-b898-d0cec0ec4790
  7. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  8. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  9. Change 25% brightness increment?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change 25% brightness increment?: I am still getting used to Win 10 on a tablet and one annoyance (system design flaw) that I would like to change is the 25% increment screen brightness in the action centre button (swipe left). 0% is way too dim and 25% is too bright in a dark room. I know I can control...
  10. Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10: How to: Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 How to Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it...