Windows 10: brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

Discus and support brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? when using Fn + brightness keys that is...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackblack846, Dec 19, 2019.

1. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

when using Fn + brightness keys that is...

:)

jackblack846, Dec 19, 2019

2. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

jackblack846, Jan 6, 2020
  3. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

vistascape, Jan 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, there are some similar threads, but no direct solution I've seen:

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903
    - brightness slider in the Action Centre from 1903
    - alternative 3rd party option- e.g. Volumouse (free) - use key + scroll wheel

Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

If you're using a monitor (no PC specs given) there may be a separate adjustment available

One option might be to use an Autohotkey script or similar, and reassign these keys.
    I would think you'd only need two lines, one per key. The script might use nircmd:

Nirsoft's nircmd offers many options- one is
    NirCmd - Freeware command-line tool for Windows

dalchina, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? - Similar Threads - brightness increments are

2. Is it possible to change display brightness from windows on DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change display brightness from windows on DESKTOP?: Is it possible to change display brightness from windows on DESKTOP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-display-brightness-from/f927f925-8a0e-4628-a6d2-0f8c71fd84ce
  3. Change brightness on samsung ATIV one 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change brightness on samsung ATIV one 5: So I recently got a ATIV one 5, as you may or may not know, it can be a fully functioning PC, as well as a monitor, and since the PC itself was slower than what I preferred, I used it in monitor mode. but when you use it in monitor mode, there is no brightness control in...
  4. Is it possible to adjust how many steps/increments the brightness shortcut keys on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to adjust how many steps/increments the brightness shortcut keys on the...: The brightness up and down shortcuts in my laptop keyboard moves the brightness level in increments of 10. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to increments of 5. submitted by /u/chanchan05 [link] [comments]...
  5. Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...: This doesn't seem to be related to "adaptive brightness" settings in any way, and it's driving my crazy. I could understand if the screen got brighter when I'm looking at a dark-colored page, but the opposite happens -- the screen gets darker on dark-colored pages, and...
  6. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?: brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? when using Fn + brightness keys that is... 146715
  7. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  8. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  9. Change 25% brightness increment?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change 25% brightness increment?: I am still getting used to Win 10 on a tablet and one annoyance (system design flaw) that I would like to change is the 25% increment screen brightness in the action centre button (swipe left). 0% is way too dim and 25% is too bright in a dark room. I know I can control...
  10. Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10: How to: Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 How to Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it...