Windows 10: Brightness is stuck on low

Discus and support Brightness is stuck on low in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I plug in my laptop I can change my brightness manually but when it's not charging eventhough it's not on power saving mode sometimes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mobina_fs, Sep 3, 2020.

1. mobina_fs Win User

Brightness is stuck on low

When I plug in my laptop I can change my brightness manually but when it's not charging eventhough it's not on power saving mode sometimes the brightness gets stuck on low and when I use the brightness keys f2 & f3 I can see the brightness bar changing but there is no actual change in brightness I even used the brightness bar in notification panel and the one in the settings but they don't work either

:)

mobina_fs, Sep 3, 2020
  2. IAmKenar Win User

Laptop brightness stuck at low

After a bug that happened while i was playing gmod, the screen froze, and the home screen was very small with low resolution. i restarted my laptop, and the screen brightness was stuck at low, saying it was at 100%. I've had this happen before, but took
    3 months to fix by itself

What should i do?

-Ken

IAmKenar, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 3, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Brightness is stuck on low - Similar Threads - Brightness stuck low

2. low brightness on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low brightness on desktop: Hi, I have a problem. Win 11 Pro, desktop NOT laptop, my brightness drops anytime I start the windows, anytime I go the -> system -> display. Only way to get it back is to reload the graphics driver ctrl+shift+win+B. Never happened before. PC is 4 years old, AMD graphics...
  3. low brightness on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low brightness on desktop: Hi, I have a problem. Win 11 Pro, desktop NOT laptop, my brightness drops anytime I start the windows, anytime I go the -> system -> display. Only way to get it back is to reload the graphics driver ctrl+shift+win+B. Never happened before. PC is 4 years old, AMD graphics...
  4. Windows 11 low brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 low brightness: Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 11. Everything is perfect but the main issue I am facing is low brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-low-brightness/518dbb5c-045f-49d3-bd4b-a0463b8c045d
  5. Windows 11 low brightness

Windows 11 low brightness: Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 11. Everything is perfect but the main issue I am facing is low brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-low-brightness/518dbb5c-045f-49d3-bd4b-a0463b8c045d
  6. Brightness Locked on Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Locked on Low: I dropped my laptop, and it hit the floor not that hard. I opened my laptop to see if there where any cracks on my screen, lucky there wasn't, but instead my laptop brightness was stuck on low. I could barely see anything, I tried increasing the brightness, but it said that...
  7. Brightness Locked on Low

Brightness Locked on Low: I dropped my laptop, and it hit the floor not that hard. I opened my laptop to see if there where any cracks on my screen, lucky there wasn't, but instead my laptop brightness was stuck on low. I could barely see anything, I tried increasing the brightness, but it said that...
  8. SCREEN FLICKERING IN LOW BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCREEN FLICKERING IN LOW BRIGHTNESS: Whenever I reduce my brightness to low, my screen flickers .Flickering is ,random, not continuous. Doesn't stop if plugged to charger. All drivers are upto date .Windows version upto date. I think it is not the problem of driver or windows version as it has gone through...
  9. Laptop brightness stuck at low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop brightness stuck at low: After a bug that happened while i was playing gmod, the screen froze, and the home screen was very small with low resolution. i restarted my laptop, and the screen brightness was stuck at low, saying it was at 100%. I've had this happen before, but took 3 months to fix by...
  10. low brightness issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    low brightness issue: updated windows 10 from build 1803 to latest build 1809. update went smooth but i am facing one problem, after update the brightness of the screen is lower then what it used be be in 1803 build. any solution???...