Windows 10: Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Discus and support Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Uschas, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Uschas Win User

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness gradually decreases or in white background brightness gradually increases and then it stable. I tried to update the display driver and it was fixed but after certain hours it was again started dimming automatically, besides this problem also occurs after restarting my laptop.

So, how can I fix it?

My laptop is Acer A515-51-35X1

:)

Uschas, Oct 7, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 7, 2018
  3. brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

1. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October - Similar Threads - Brightness issue updating

2. Windows 10 October Update Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 October Update Issues: Ever since I updated Windows 10 from version 2004 to version 20H2, I am having two issues so far and those issues are: I can only use my pin despite having a password. While my second reason may be unrelated to the topic, it is still an issue I have. Every time I left click...
  3. Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update: Hello, I updated to windows 1909, and ever since I did that I've been having a strange brightness issue. I adjust my brightness to my liking in my nvidia control panel I make it less bright with gamma. But when I leave my computer idle, the screen saver turns on screen goes...
  4. Windows 10 October Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October Update Issues: After many tries I did get windows to boot up, but, all my bookmarks for both Chrome and Edge are gone. I was logged out of every website I was logged in to. A folder on the desktop where I kept seldom used icons is gone. The background image I used was gone. Edge and Chrome...
  5. Windows 10 october update issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 october update issues: Can anyone help me with this issue and how to update my intel driver..Error message I get while trying to update is : "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver....
  6. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  7. October Windows 10 update issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    October Windows 10 update issues: I updated to Windows 10 October update. Now I can't create a new folder on my desktop by right clicking. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-windows-10-update-issues/5c023bc4-b793-425e-ac6d-06c5c99b9329"
  8. Windows 10 October Update Issue

Windows 10 October Update Issue: My Home PC installed Windows 10 Updates October and it now displays, We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don't turn off computer. It's been showing this for 4 hours, what should I do? Power it off and try again? Leave it alone, to see if it puts itself...
  9. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.: So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display...
  10. Brightness at 50% every reboot after October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness at 50% every reboot after October 2018 Update: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14 7447 and I upgraded to the October 2018 Update a few days ago. Thankfully, I didn't have any of the missing files issue but I do have a minor one: the brightness always resets itself to 50% every time I reboot. I tried searching online and a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness problems after updating