Windows 10: Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

Discus and support Brightness issues after the 1809 October update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TapiwaMuvavarirwa, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display driver (current version: 25.20.100.6323 [20 Sept - 18] ), and still no change. My laptop is a lenovo yoga 720 13.3" intel core i5, 620 UHD graphics. Please help, I am out of ideas and the screen is hurting my eyes.

:)

TapiwaMuvavarirwa, Oct 10, 2018

2. Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 10, 2018
  3. What are the system requirements to run Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809?

What are the system requirements to run Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 on my computer?

Andre Da Costa, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809) Update Stuck at 42%

Hi,

When I try to update my laptop containing Windows Enterprise to Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809)

it gets stuck on 42% after several reboots. When I do a clean install with a iso it installs allright. I have the same issue on another laptop.

Danny Hansen, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

1. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update. - Similar Threads - Brightness issues 1809

2. Windows not Activated after the 1809 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activated after the 1809 October 2018 Update: This is the second time I'm facing this issue. Two days ago I tried to update to the latest version hoping to see some new features. 1 minute later I got a message saying my windows is not activated. I tried using the troubleshoot option since I have the digital license. It...
  3. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  4. Random BSOD After October update 1809

Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  5. Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update): Windows Setting will not open after I completed the latest Windows 10 update. How can this be repaired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-not-opening-after-update-to-1809/4fd8ded1-c433-4413-af60-90be7eece4fa
  6. Notifications not working after the October update 1809

Notifications not working after the October update 1809: I updated all my devices to the newest windows 10 build 1809. On both surface 3 and laptop Lenovo G580 I experience a problem with not working windows notifications. The notifications icon in the Windows 10 task bar tells me I have new notifications, but when I click on it, I...
  7. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October: After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness...
  8. October windows build 1809 update

October windows build 1809 update: Since the update my apps from Microsoft store are not working right they hang or freeze or will not open or will not close unless task manager is used to close them. Also I get notification prompt in the task bar but when I open notification center there are none listed. I...
  9. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...
  10. Bluescreen After 1809 October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen After 1809 October Update: I updated my computer to the new October 1809 update and everything went fine. Everything seemed to work just fine, but after I turned off the computer and started it up today I got this bluescreen. Windows 10 would not boot the first time, I shut off the computer and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness not working in 1809

2. why i missing display brightness options on 1809 update

3. screen brightness not working after 1809 update