Windows 10: brightness key working but not performing the required function

Discus and support brightness key working but not performing the required function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP Ultrabook 820 G3. Its brightness keys are located at F5 and F6 but both are working but not performing their brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Muhammad Shaoor Tariq, Jun 3, 2020.

1. brightness key working but not performing the required function

Hello,

I have an HP Ultrabook 820 G3. Its brightness keys are located at F5 and F6 but both are working but not performing their brightness increase/decrease functions. At the home page, the brightness keys scroll through the apps located at the taskbar but do not increase or decrease brightness. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you.

:)

Muhammad Shaoor Tariq, Jun 3, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Jun 3, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 3, 2020
  4. marsstars Win User

brightness key working but not performing the required function

Brightness function keys not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that my brightness function keys are not working properly; brightness is at the highest setting and does not dim when I click on function keys. I currently am using a VAIO VPCYB35KX Model. I've attempted
    most of the suggestions regarding this issue, however, I have had no success.

I appreciate your advice and welcome all suggestions.

Thank You!

marsstars, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

brightness key working but not performing the required function

1. brightness key working but not performing the required function - Similar Threads - brightness key working

2. Volume and Brightness buttons sometimes requires and sometimes doesn't require Function key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume and Brightness buttons sometimes requires and sometimes doesn't require Function key.: In order to change the brightness or volume with the keyboard buttons, I have to hold down the Function Fn key. The issue is that it randomly changes to not requiring the Fn key, and I can just press the volume or brightness buttons to adjust it. Every now and then it...
  3. Volume and Brightness buttons sometimes requires and sometimes doesn't require Function key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume and Brightness buttons sometimes requires and sometimes doesn't require Function key.: In order to change the brightness or volume with the keyboard buttons, I have to hold down the Function Fn key. The issue is that it randomly changes to not requiring the Fn key, and I can just press the volume or brightness buttons to adjust it. Every now and then it...
  4. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10: I updated my Hp 1050G1 laptop using windows update for Windows 10 now the function keys for brightness are not working. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-function-keys-not-working-in-windows-10/a6edd8e4-4b00-4fb9-a3a0-d4a6788fb61c
  5. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10: I updated my Hp 1050G1 laptop using windows update for Windows 10 now the function keys for brightness are not working. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-function-keys-not-working-in-windows-10/a6edd8e4-4b00-4fb9-a3a0-d4a6788fb61c
  6. Brightness function keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Function Keys - Performing incorrect functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys - Performing incorrect functions: Hello My function keys are not performing the functions that it is stated they are supposed to perform. For example, F1, F2, and F£ do not control the volume. Instead F9 increases volume, and F8 reduces volume. F11 which is apparently to control screen brightness is now...
  8. Brightness and all other function keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and all other function keys not working: Hi, I'd done with dislplay drivers update as well as Microsoft basic display drivers still functions key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-and-all-other-function-keys-not-working/3dca5407-b2ed-4ed5-9036-f4f61860ddb4
  9. Brightness Function Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness Function Keys Not Working: After updating my laptop to the April 2018 update, I lost several functions to my funtion keys, which includes Ambient light, Battery settings, Project settings, Muting microphone, and most importantly the Brightness settings. How do I fix this so I can use my function keys...
  10. Function keys performing the wrong function

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys performing the wrong function: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens...