Windows 10: Brightness keys aren't working after update

Discus and support Brightness keys aren't working after update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have older generation Samsung laptop, after installing new Windows 10 from recovery in settings my brightness keys are not workingFn + f2/f3. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sherzod Abdulkhaev, May 14, 2024.

1. Brightness keys aren't working after update

Hi, I have older generation Samsung laptop, after installing new Windows 10 from recovery in settings my brightness keys are not workingFn + f2/f3. any other functions are working without a problem: volume, touchpad on/off, screen on/off etc. tried updating monitor drivers in device manager nothing works.

:)

Sherzod Abdulkhaev, May 14, 2024
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, May 14, 2024
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, May 14, 2024
  4. Brightness keys aren't working after update

Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, May 14, 2024
Thema:

Brightness keys aren't working after update

1. Brightness keys aren't working after update - Similar Threads - Brightness keys aren't

2. Brightness keys aren't working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness keys aren't working after update: Hi, I have older generation Samsung laptop, after installing new Windows 10 from recovery in settings my brightness keys are not workingFn + f2/f3. any other functions are working without a problem: volume, touchpad on/off, screen on/off etc. tried updating monitor drivers in...
  3. Brightness keys aren't working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness keys aren't working after update: Hi, I have older generation Samsung laptop, after installing new Windows 10 from recovery in settings my brightness keys are not workingFn + f2/f3. any other functions are working without a problem: volume, touchpad on/off, screen on/off etc. tried updating monitor drivers in...
  4. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  5. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  6. brightness key doesn't working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness key doesn't working after update: I updated my Windows 11 Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5027231, but since I updated, the brightness button in my laptop is not working. Please suggest best option to resolve this issue....
  7. brightness key doesn't working after update

brightness key doesn't working after update: I updated my Windows 11 Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5027231, but since I updated, the brightness button in my laptop is not working. Please suggest best option to resolve this issue....
  8. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  9. key's aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  10. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Buttons Aren't Working: When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider. This is a new laptop and the buttons were working perfectly fine a few days ago and I don't know what the problem is or what...